Caitlyn's Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightEntite

11-13-2012

It's not good. It's just not good.

You have characters like Vayne who take hp% damage. Fortune gains mobility. Graves gains sustainability. Draven can bleed.

Caitlyn gains nothing. It's just an impractical skill, nowhere close to worth the trouble for the measly 50% damage for ONE ATTACK after what, 5 hits at level 16?

Her passive is her biggest issue imo.

Edit: it procs in SIX hits at level 16, 3 hits in a bush.

Downvote if you please, just bring some real logic to the table. I'd like to hear someone rationalize Caitlyn's viability after 10 minutes of gameplay.

lampshadez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEntite View Post
It's not good. It's just not good.

Vayne who take hp%

Her passive is her biggest issue imo.
vayne gets MS while chasing for passive. the % of hp is from silver bolts.

the problem is no steroid ability and counter productive to adc role ult

Gunney5

11-13-2012

Yet Vayne has to get closer than Cait and atk 3x for the hp% to proc. MF can fly across a map, but has no way of getting out of a sticky situation, unlike cait (disregarding flash). Graves doesnt get "sustain" technically, as hes not getting any life back - just gets tankier after x-atks. I havent played Draven enough to call out his "issue".

Cait, along with using her unmatched range (till Trist late game) should be poking with her passive, which hurts at all times (sans armor and lategame imo). She has the ability to lane safely, get the cs needed and get her passive up just from last hitting.

But Lamp did note some of the more noticeable flaws with Cait as a carry. Personally, I would love to see her ult either have a piercing effect, or a knockback from the bullet - if it were to stay as it currently works.

lampshadez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunney5 View Post

But Lamp did note some of the more noticeable flaws with Cait as a carry. Personally, I would love to see her ult either have a piercing effect, or a knockback from the bullet - if it were to stay as it currently works.
i had borderlands in mind when i was thinking of cait and i thought it would be cool for her ult to load a random ammo type like explosive or corrosive and have a passive steroid of ad range or AS. but cops don't murder ppl with fire and acid so i was like maybe shock rounds that stun/bonus dmg?

LightEntite

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunney5 View Post
Yet Vayne has to get closer than Cait and atk 3x for the hp% to proc. MF can fly across a map, but has no way of getting out of a sticky situation, unlike cait (disregarding flash). Graves doesnt get "sustain" technically, as hes not getting any life back - just gets tankier after x-atks. I havent played Draven enough to call out his "issue".

Cait, along with using her unmatched range (till Trist late game) should be poking with her passive, which hurts at all times (sans armor and lategame imo). She has the ability to lane safely, get the cs needed and get her passive up just from last hitting.

Cait's range is NOT that big a deal. It's supposed to be, but it isn't.

It would be if she was able to dump any significant amount of damage over that range, but she's worse at this than any other ADC in the game. Vayne has to get in closer, which she can easily do as her moveset is designed for this. She only needs 3 hits for HP% Damage, while Caitlyn needs 6 (endgame) for a measly 1.5x damage. It procs in 3 if you're in a bush. Which anyone can easily tell you, is a completely impractical goal. No fight stays in a bush and the moment someone starts dying it moves out of a bush. 1.5x damage every (maybe) 3 shots is not worth displacing yourself. Graves, no he doesn't get health back but the key point is, his passive helps him achieve his goal in battle.

Caitlyn's moveset in itself is also impractical. For instance:

Piltover has a decent ratio but falls off hard for the same reason Garen's Judgement did before they rebalanced it. Not to mention, it's SLOWER on activation than even Blitz's rocketgrab, and has terrible pierce reduction making it useless endgame. Piltover does not benefit or synergize with her passive in any way, making using it almost useless it in itself past laning phase. Traps would be more useful if they didn't take such a retarded amount of mana to use. By the time you set 3 traps in lane you'll be pretty much out of mana to do anything else. Traps also do not synergize with her passive. Shouldn't someone in a trap be given instant headshots or SOMETHING?

Endgame you'll never see a player in a hostile situation deliberately step over Teemo's mushrooms to get them out the way. but people do it to caitlyn because they pose zero threat by themselves. Best use i can think of is the Reveal. Net is only really useful as an escape tool. Using it to chase is trivial at best because the slow effect is shot in the opposite direction, and she has a small delay after its use that almost negates the distance gain. Once again no passive synergize.

I dont even need to explain why her ult is useless. Just like her traps, Caitlyn's ult encourages enemies to step infront of it. Except in most situations this really doesn't do much to whoever gets hit. The point is, Caitlyn's passive is not only difficult to proc and stack, it isn't nearly worth the effort anyway. The only time early/mid game you'll have time to worry about her passive is in a patient, calm setting for her, like the Laning phase. Otherwise, she'll be getting chased and attacked, which is unfortunate for her because her damage isn't nearly decent enough to stand in battle with any other ADC.

It's like her whole moveset is based around theory situations based on her basic attack range that doesn't mean anything because everything else that she has is lackluster, even by non-ranged standards. Worst of all, attempting to be clever with her utility moveset is impossible too earlygame because her manacosts are insane. After setting 3 traps for a setup and maybe poking with her Q, you'll be lucky to have enough to use her Ultimate to finish them off.

LightEntite

11-15-2012

bumperdoodle

Jesus the Friend

11-15-2012

Cait's passive is fine.

She is not meant to be high dps like Vayne because Cait is extremely slippery compared to Vayne...
It's also worth noting that Vayne's early game is abysmal, whereas Cait's early game is very solid.

gg.

LightEntite

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend View Post
Cait's passive is fine.

She is not meant to be high dps like Vayne because Cait is extremely slippery compared to Vayne...
It's also worth noting that Vayne's early game is abysmal, whereas Cait's early game is very solid.

gg.

Then what is cait meant to be? What does she do better than any other ADC? Attack range is negligible becuase her damage output is so much lower than anyone elses. What does Caitlyn have over other high-range characters, like Kog Maw for example? Her range starts at 650, while Kog Maw's passes 700 with Bio Arcane Barrage WHILE doing HP% damage. What can Caitlyn bring to the table that a Kog Maw pick couldnt? Even Kog Maw's Void Ooze will naturally outdamage Caitlyn's piltover, while applying CC at the same time.

Once again, the only answer is "lane phase advantage". In every other situation, every other scenario, Caitlyn is a vastly inferior ADC to have on your team.

I see lots of downvotes. I wish someone would explain to me how this is faulty thinking.

Suit of Clubs

11-15-2012

"Laning Phase Advantage" implies you do well in your lane. You vastly outfarm the enemy Miss Fortune. Your Peacemaker is aimed from outside turret range and snipes the feeling Ashe. Your passive deals major damage to Sona. In many times you win your lane means you are better fed and can make up for Cait's lack of steroids by picking up your Phantom Dancer early. You do more damage faster and attack more as enemies try to flee from your range. Because you won lane you are always one step ahead of the enemy carry. That's how Caitlyn can be useful. If Caitlyn lost her lane it's her fault. The same can be said for Miss Fortune or any other champion that really needs to be a bully in lane.

OMBlah

11-15-2012

The new Ranged AoE item is gonna let her proc her passive every 2 attacks. I'm pretty excited to prove you wrong <3.

The only things that I can imagine her having buffed are the CD on her ultimate and net.