@Those who think Runaan's Hurricane will break some Ranged Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I know that pix fails to fire when he is shielding a kog or twitch who are utilizing their high range actives... Could be similar to this. Which imo - would actually ruin the item, as there are only a few champs who would use this anyway...

Dropping crit means you've got to either deal some synergy of on-hits, or have ad scaling moves.

Honestly I think Graves is the real victor. He gets to refresh his dash VERY quickly with this, and wants flat ad anyway b/c his abilities. He'll prolly go blood thirster, hurricane, last whisper, and deal TONS OF DAMAGE.

The McSmashy

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Runaan's Hurricane

Saw lots of posts about how this item is going to break a few champions. Didn't feel like replying to them all, so here are my thoughts. :U

1. No mention of whether or not the secondary bolts will scale with bonus Attack Range
-That means champions Kog'Maw and Twitch may not benefit as stupendously as they could

2. Players will probably have to give up Phantom Dancer to incorporate Hurricane into their builds.
-That's something I feel a lot of you are not thinking ahead about. That's a huge loss of crit, move speed.

3. It is stated that some on-hit effects, such as Caitlyn's Headshot, will only be applied to the primary target.
-That means Twisted Fate is probably not going to be the greatest new stun-machine.
2.) Phantom Dancer is losing movespeed in S3. And the champs building this are building for area damage, not single target damage. That's the point: You build differently depending on the game and your enemies. If they have a lot of front-line squishies you'd get this and other AoE/Onhit things, or just AD.

3.) It's stated that 'On next attack' things (Which includes Caits headshot, this seems like the main uncommon thing) don't proc this and are only applied to the main target. Double Up was listed as not working with it, for example.

There's still a LOT of room for viability with this item, and i'm really, really looking forward to it.

Koillu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Your statements only prove that we should not make assumptions, which you and many other users are doing.
You are making assumptions too, logic OP.

SubzeroKelvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Runaan's Hurricane

Saw lots of posts about how this item is going to break a few champions. Didn't feel like replying to them all, so here are my thoughts. :U

1. No mention of whether or not the secondary bolts will scale with bonus Attack Range
-That means champions Kog'Maw and Twitch may not benefit as stupendously as they could

AP Teemo: 500 Range. Image from Xyph link with Varus, 575 range.

2. Players will probably have to give up Phantom Dancer to incorporate Hurricane into their builds.
-That's something I feel a lot of you are not thinking ahead about. That's a huge loss of crit, move speed.

AP Teemo

3. It is stated that some on-hit effects, such as Caitlyn's Headshot, will only be applied to the primary target.
-That means Twisted Fate is probably not going to be the greatest new stun-machine.

AP Teemo has passive on-hit damage with AP scaling. Varus has passive on-hit damage with AP scaling.
In conclusion, AP Teemo.

Koillu

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosuko View Post
I know that pix fails to fire when he is shielding a kog or twitch who are utilizing their high range actives... Could be similar to this. Which imo - would actually ruin the item, as there are only a few champs who would use this anyway...

Dropping crit means you've got to either deal some synergy of on-hits, or have ad scaling moves.

Honestly I think Graves is the real victor. He gets to refresh his dash VERY quickly with this, and wants flat ad anyway b/c his abilities. He'll prolly go blood thirster, hurricane, last whisper, and deal TONS OF DAMAGE.
Pix is an entity of his own, it has his own stated range, items typically dont have a range.

DreamsOfGrandeur

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koillu View Post
You are making assumptions too, logic OP.
No, I'm not.
I'm saying the information is lacking, so stop freaking out.

The scenarios everyone's worrying about are EQUALLY likely to not happen.

Kyrrion

11-14-2012

I don't think 1 will be a problem. If it already works between Graves and Caitlyn flawlessly, it obviously can adapt to different ranges. I'm guessing the way it's coded is that it checks for targets nearby your original target and then shots the bolts.

2. Good. Need more options. Makes things more interesting.

3. I'm guessing that it only works with on hit affects, and not auto attack modifiers (like Cait's headshot, TF's Pick a Card, and Sheen/Trinity Force). I'd expect it to work largely like Sivir's Ricochet (where the first hit procs Sheen/Trinity Force but the bounces ignore it) but with the bonus of applying on hit effects.

Wolfmor

11-14-2012

Hmm... Warwick ults....

DreamsOfGrandeur

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The McSmashy View Post
2.) Phantom Dancer is losing movespeed in S3. And the champs building this are building for area damage, not single target damage. That's the point: You build differently depending on the game and your enemies. If they have a lot of front-line squishies you'd get this and other AoE/Onhit things, or just AD.
-shrugs- I read they were just nerfing it.
They're replacing it with a ghost-passive effect, so the sacrifice is still there.

And the rest of your statement only reinforces by point - That the Runaan item is nothing to worry about.

Quote:
3.) It's stated that 'On next attack' things (Which includes Caits headshot, this seems like the main uncommon thing) don't proc this and are only applied to the main target. Double Up was listed as not working with it, for example.
This only reinforces my point that Pick A Card probably won't work with this item.

Pick A Card is an on-next-hit modifier, and not a constant on-hit passive effect.

The McSmashy

11-14-2012

Quote:
-shrugs- I read they were just nerfing it.
They're replacing it with a ghost-passive effect, so the sacrifice is still there.

And the rest of your statement only reinforces by point - That the Runaan item is nothing to worry about.

This only reinforces my point that Pick A Card probably won't work with this item.

Pick A Card is an on-next-hit modifier, and not a constant on-hit passive effect.
Agreed, PAC won't work with it. I wasn't trying to rebuttal, just adding points and thoughts. I really like where the game is going, though