Visual Upgrade: Nidalee, the Bestial Huntress

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gillrien

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Great question and I am going to answer it. We are going to work on Sivir. But there are a few that are scheduled to happen before her. Basically what we did is we looked at the data of most played/visible champions combined that with opportunities and changes that the other departments were working on (i.e. Lore and design) and cross referenced that with our opinions on visual infidelity of the champs. For example, Ash and Soraka, Huge amount of play, and visibilty, they show up in a huge amount of bot games and Ash is in the tutorial, so we hit them up. Gangplank was getting a new splash and design had some changes they were going to make so we scheduled him to ride that wave. So hopefully that gives you some information as to how these visual reworks are scheduled. Please trust me, we are fully aware of the awesome visual potential these champs have, and I can't wait to get to them.
First of all, love all the work you guys do and this was another fantastic job =D
About the popularity thing though, does it seem like there might be a relation to how a character or even just their splash looks, and how often the champion is played? I know that whenever you guys come out with an awesome rework or even just new splash art (like Lux), I've frequently seen mirror matches (almost every game) when I play blind pick for weeks following.

TYoung11

11-14-2012

Hey Morello, when will Anivia be getting an upgrade? Or a legendary? :3

UrsaMinor

11-14-2012

Boobs

gh0stship

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

looks good but the tooth is a bit big , imo

Hazedboss

11-14-2012

You made her french made cat form look worse then classic cat form
SADNESS

cocacolalips

11-14-2012

If I don't like the new model for said skin, it is still possible to load the old one with the appropriate program right?

I don't remember. Gotta have to see in time I guess.

oOK2Oo

11-14-2012

Nice work folks

Kry

11-14-2012

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that looks so awesome

DuskDodgers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

the different cougar forms are awesome

Creepy4

11-14-2012

Awesome Nidalee (no longer shall her appearance hold me back from getting her. Now only my lack of points will hold me back).

Now pleeeeeeeease say Master Yi is getting some new art soon. His sword looks downright hideous in his current art. It looks as though someone drew it, and then (badly) photoshopped it into the picture afterwards.