Visual Upgrade: Nidalee, the Bestial Huntress

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddjustice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Totally rad.

Solanich

11-15-2012

we need teemo rework! make him even cuter

Pewker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

It's time for Sivir! She doesn't even look like a human

LivinGStoneD

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
TEAM RELAUNCH, GO!

(obligatory non-capitalization)
BUFF RENEKTON plz and ty

AkaeBR

11-15-2012

I am so happy you guys upgraded her! She looks great now! Good job.
I think Olaf should get an upgrade next. At least his portrait picture.
Keep up the good work Riot!

KunioKun

11-15-2012

Dat kitty ^.^

Qrypton

11-15-2012

please put her on sale so i can buy her at half price RP

Katárina

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Great question and I am going to answer it. We are going to work on Sivir. But there are a few that are scheduled to happen before her. Basically what we do is we look at the data of most played/visible champions combined that with opportunities and changes that the other departments might be working on (i.e. Lore and design) and cross reference that with our opinions on visual infidelity of the champs. For example, Ash and Soraka, Huge amount of play, and visibilty, they show up in a huge amount of bot games and Ash is in the tutorial, so we hit them up. Gangplank was getting a new splash and design had some changes they were going to make so we scheduled him to ride that wave. So hopefully that gives you some information as to how these visual reworks are scheduled. Please trust me, we are fully aware of the awesome visual potential these champs have, and I can't wait to get to them.
Well one question for you, how can a champion get higher on that list if the reason they are not played/seen as often is because their kits are just no good and they really need that reword? At least the other champions get some play because they can still work with what they have, while the others are just... no good?

Wouldn't it make sense to work on the characters NOT seen or played with BECAUSE of their abilities/lore/look/etc first?

I understand it's pandering to the masses for wanting the more played champs work, but once again, their more played because they can still do something useful.

Just my 2 cents.

Lord Berghel

11-15-2012

As someone who doesn't play Nyandalee (and I don't see her that much either), I have to agree with the people who say that Sivir needs the visual upgrade more. That said, I understand why Nyandalee got it first, so I'm content to wait patiently.

On a related note: I don't think all of the older champions need a visual upgrade or a new model. The non-humans (Amumu, Rammus, and Cho'Gath come to mind) can get away with "low-quality" models because, well, they're not humans, so there's no basis for anyone complaining about "triangle feet" or whatever. Most of the humanoids could use a visual upgrade, but some I think some are fine as they are (Jax in particular comes to mind).

@ IronStylus: If you do wind up giving Master Yi a new model/splash art, can you at least make his sword look like an actual katana? Or maybe get rid of the swordboots?

tabulartony

11-15-2012

Annie needs one too!!