Has the "Attempting to reconnect" problem happen to you and are you getting high ping

Yes I've been getting high pings 2 22.22%
No I have been not 2 22.22%
Yes I've been getting the "attempting to reconnect" problem 5 55.56%
No, I have been not 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Riot stop ignoring us!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhmentionz

11-14-2012

I'm tired of this... Last week all of a sudden I started getting this problem , it says "Attempting to reconnect" , When I first got this I checked my internet connection and it was FINE , after that game where I got "Attempting to Reconnect" Multiple times in on match, I started getting high ping rate not a small one like 400 more like it would reach up to 6000 then go down by 1000 each time and down to 800 then 700 then 200 then 500 -700 and then 4000 multiple times it would go down and up , I got alot of ping spikes , and I've been getting Attempting to reconnect more then before, it has been going on for like 2 weeks I thought it was go away but I was wrong,I got banned twice because of this problem and I just about HAD IT I'm getting leaves because of this problem. I've seen many posts about this and noticed that Riot hasn't been helping out those with this problem.

TheTechmaturgist

11-14-2012

I had some problems like that a while ago. For me it was my windows firewall. I had made exceptions for Pando Media boost but not for the LoL client and Launcher. You may also have problems if you are using a third party firewall like Kaspersky or ZoneAlarm you will need to go into those as well and make sure that you have exceptions made there as well. Your internet connection is fine. But your network may still be causing problems. I didn't believe it at first when someone told me that but I am glad i checked it out because that is exactly the error I was getting and it fixed it. I hope this helps.

PenguinX3

11-14-2012

I had this a week or so ago. It lasted 3 weeks. I found another post where a guy said to update your Adobe AIR it'd increase your fps. I tried it to check, instead of increasing my fps, it fixed my "Attempting to reconnect" error. Been able to play ever since.

TheTechmaturgist

11-14-2012

oh I can help you with high pings if you are having that problem. Google how to change your DNS settings. I will not be responsible for teaching that. But if you do it and change your DNS to a free DNS address like ones listed in DNSJumper. 4.2.2.4 and 4.2.2.6 seem to be the fastest at the moment but the fastest DNS servers change from time to time and you may need to change it to a faster one. If you use DNS Jumper or a porgram like that you will be able to stay on top of it. Your ping will drop dramatically and it can solve a lot of lag issues. I hope this helps as well. I changed from my default Xfinity DNS server getting 256 ping to 4.2.2.1 DNS server and dropped to 87 ping thats on a 28meg connection so if your net speed is slower you may get a slightly higher ping but it will still be in the 100 ping or lower neighborhood.

Duhmentionz

11-14-2012

@TheTechmaturgist thanks man , my firewall wasn't blocking LoL I'll give it a shot,

@PenguinX3 I'll give it a shot thanks