Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any chance of an Annie rework?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ff6shadow

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Ah, but she is a little boring. And thats whats so good about her. She's boring and relatively easy to use, but for a new players, that's exactly the kind of champion they need to have.

VexTheHex

11-14-2012

I personally love Annie and find her fun. She lacks mobility, but she has a great stun mechanic and can easily burst down others. She does need a few things.

1- Visual update. She needs it. I think Sion, Nidalee, Master Yi, and Taric need it more. But, I'll go out and guess she is in the top 10.

2- Maybe a slight MS boost when she activates her shield. It probably shouldn't even last for the whole shield, just something to give her a tad more mobility for ganks and such. But I could also see not giving her this as if she is doing well, she can turn that gank into a double kill. :P

She is simple, but she takes thought to play well. You need to manage your stuns (sometimes it's best to not have your stun up, but delayed by one so they think they can engage you) and missing a Tibbers is rather saddening. Also, her range for her skils is low, making her have to know when she can go in or not and gives the enemy time to react if you see Annie skipping closer.

Oak122

11-14-2012

Quote:
iPwnjoo2:
Shes fine. All she really needs is just a visual upgrade so she can match the other flashy champions

Not before they fix Taric's triangle feet.

IrrationalNoob

11-14-2012

Annie is as good as any other burst mage out there.

The problem is that burst mages themselves are not that good in the meta. Brand, Leblanc, Veigar, Annie, Malzahar, Viktor and a few others that are designed to burst one target down hard are not very viable atm.

They CAN work, but yes you give up things to use them.

DreamsOfGrandeur

11-14-2012

Quote:
Shoopman:
They already buffed her shield timer so she can get stuns up more easily, and to have more overall uptime on the shield. What more do you want?

Make it so she can cast Molten Shield on allies? ;P

I don't think Annie needs a buff, but that would add so much depth.

Such League Wow

11-14-2012

Quote:
IrrationalNoob:
Annie is as good as any other burst mage out there.

The problem is that burst mages themselves are not that good in the meta. Brand, Leblanc, Veigar, Annie, Malzahar, Viktor and a few others that are designed to burst one target down hard are not very viable atm.

They CAN work, but yes you give up things to use them.

What about Lux? She is in a weird place between burst mage and sustained dps mage.

Endosymbiosis

11-14-2012

Dont touch my Annie. Yes she's old. Yes her kit is simple.

But she's classic, and newer players need SOME easy to learn/play champs.

And just cuz she's not top tear won't stop me from flash tibbers gibbing anyone @ lvl 6.....

Insentience

11-14-2012

Quote:
SuperJavelin:
Nah. Her kit's centered around introducing newer players to the concept of a burst mage while utilizing easy-to-use safety mechanisms like the shield and the stun, which can also be used offensively. She has no escape, but escapes are not easy-to-use safety mechanisms as repositioning is not a concept new players can grasp quickly.

She doesn't need complexity to her design since she's tailored for a lower skill level than, say, Orianna or Cassiopeia. New players have enough to think about with keeping track of passive stacks and deciding whether to play offensively or defensively based on the context of their lane situations.

Well made champ for her intended playerbase IMO.
The ****

This is too well worded for GD

Good job

murlocmancer

11-14-2012

I hate that eveyrone calls annie simple, she has a few tricks up her sleeve...

Lvl100Pidgeot

11-14-2012

Quote:
AngelPants:
What about Lux? She is in a weird place between burst mage and sustained dps mage.

Lux has utility in spades. Most burst mages do not.