Nunu Solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HowDoIMacro

07-24-2012

is nunu a viable solo top laner now that he received a buff?

building him tanky/ap/bruiser ish?

thoughts? builds?

PopeSmotage

07-24-2012

I've seen him successfully solo top. He was built tanky AP, built RoA first, and with his passive he harassed all day. Oh, and he was always full health.

HowDoIMacro

07-24-2012

So im thinking start with a ruby crystal( or maybe saphire?) since u dont rly need the movement speed( BB) or health pots ( consume) the build it into a quick Catalyst?

or maybe start with a pendant and build a philo and HOG to get some tanky gp5's? althought if you do well enough top lane youll have plenty of kills/cs so i guess the gp5's are only needed if your strugling?

Also im thinking a trinity force would be a solid second item ( after full boots ofc)

thoughts? any one have experience with nunu top? ive jungled/mid with him plenty of time but never top

PopeSmotage

07-24-2012

He excels vs melee champs. Max E then Q then W. EVERY time that your passive is up, hit them with an ice block.

If you're wanting to build into catalyst first, I'd snag health crystal first then build catalyst, you shouldn't have major mana issues with his passive being at 5 aa's now. You can go without the boots initially with his snowball.

If your team needs tanky, go RoA. If they don't, an early rabadon's wouldn't be amiss. Rylai's, Sorc Shoes, Banshee's (prevent a disrupt for longer on your ult), and void staff would be solid. At this point build whichever defensive item your team needs most if you skipped over the RoA (if you had HoG, build it up/Frozen Heart).

I think he's quite solid now and can really do some damage on some melee champs up top. The thing that sets him apart is his snowball, it allows for some nice kiting/harass. And he's hard to turret dive with his sustain/consuming just after they dive.

Biggest bit of advice I can offer: Do not push your lane in order to charge his passive.

HowDoIMacro

07-24-2012

thanks for the tips dude.
but wouldnt building too much ap make him fall off late game?

PopeSmotage

07-24-2012

Every suggested build obviously depends on the tempo of the game and how your team is doing/how the enemy team is doing. If they have no AD output, a Frozen heart wouldn't be ideal, if they don't have any hard CC, a banshees would be worthless. I like building AP if your team is doing well. 1 baited baron/1 bush ult is all it takes. If your team is coordinated properly, they can bait them into the edge of your ult so they don't notice the MS slow and BOOM, crunchtime.

Since you've played nunu mid you'll already know how to counter build/whatnot appropriately. I like to go the AP nuke when your team is doing well. That slow catches ANYONE out of place and leads to a quick kill.

If your team isn't doing the best, an alternate build could be: Sorc Shoes/RoA/Rylai's/Abyssal Scepter/Frozen Heart/Banshees. Mix in a FoN/Thornmail/Lich Bane where appropriate. It all depends on team comps and the flow of the game.

mAgIcAl PuPpY

07-24-2012

I would never play nunu top. It is possible to play any champion top but why? You want a real brusier not a guy that has to hit r late game to be viable.

Can you put w on like a yorick cloan? put yourick and ad bot and nunu top?

^^^thats sexy

HowDoIMacro

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4k View Post
I would never play nunu top. It is possible to play any champion top but why? You want a real brusier not a guy that has to hit r late game to be viable.

Can you put w on like a yorick cloan? put yourick and ad bot and nunu top?

^^^thats sexy
Nunu does so much more late game than just his ult. If u think otherwise...your not playing him properly

NightmareAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Nu bump