Lol-Ranked. a joke?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FourTwentyLOL

Member

11-14-2012

You have plenty of time to dodge if the team is retarded. Just take the 30 minute time-out and play a different game. I didn't think I would enjoy DOTA2 but I'm really getting into it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DubstepWagon

Junior Member

11-14-2012

It would also been nice if you lose a bit less elo for doing better a team who is feeding like everyones stories up here, cause ive been in games and done really good in like a solo lane or something, and then everyone else is just doing whatever, focusing the tank, going afk, not listening...

or all of us in here should just play a game together lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sea Monsters

Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycterra View Post
I play support. I don't care who you are, you CANNOT carry a team to victory as a support. I challenge ANYONE to play support in SOLOQ (not duo, not team) and be on the winning side more than you lose. I've gone 6/1/27 as Sona (that many kills because my ADC was dead dang near the whole game from overextending or jumping into 2, 3 or even 5 of them) and still lost. My record is unbalanced on the loss side because of these feeders. PLEASE, give us a button that we can use to 'mark' a player who obvuiously is trolling so we can dodge the game, give that person the 30 minute penalty and move on to a more serious team comp. Also..remove Teemo from the fame. He's useless.
I also play support a lot, and I must disagree with you. I solo queue as support all the time, and I win more often than not. I won't pretend to know what's happening in your games, but I can assure you that supports can carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Learn the game. You're not going to be happy playing in the first day, week, or even month of the reset. Do normals, get better, and THEN play. If you weren't in a very high elo to begin with and you say "I SHOULD BE HIGHER BUT BADDIES GOTTA HOLD ME BACK" that's a lie and you just can't carry your team, but also you should have to think that more people try their first ranked game after a reset, just cause if they hadn't they would be curious about it.
tl;dr DONT PLAY RANKED IF YOU'RE GONNA ***** ABOUT IT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycterra View Post
I play support. I don't care who you are, you CANNOT carry a team to victory as a support. I challenge ANYONE to play support in SOLOQ (not duo, not team) and be on the winning side more than you lose. I've gone 6/1/27 as Sona (that many kills because my ADC was dead dang near the whole game from overextending or jumping into 2, 3 or even 5 of them) and still lost. My record is unbalanced on the loss side because of these feeders. PLEASE, give us a button that we can use to 'mark' a player who obvuiously is trolling so we can dodge the game, give that person the 30 minute penalty and move on to a more serious team comp. Also..remove Teemo from the fame. He's useless.
I tried to do exactly that last season. I ended the season at 692 elo. It can't be done. That's why I started learning carry roles. Also, in solo queue you lose about 50% of the games you play. Look at oRb LemonNation. He was the highest solo queue player last season and he won 61.85% of his games and he's a PRO player. So why do you think you're going to win more than 40-50% of the games you play when the top player last season only won 60%?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Monsters View Post
I also play support a lot, and I must disagree with you. I solo queue as support all the time, and I win more often than not. I won't pretend to know what's happening in your games, but I can assure you that supports can carry.
He actually has a surprisingly high win rate for support games. 58% with Alistar and 75% with Taric. I'd be curious to see your adc's stats and if you were a duo queue or solo queue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sonicdahedgie

Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycterra View Post
I play support. I don't care who you are, you CANNOT carry a team to victory as a support. I challenge ANYONE to play support in SOLOQ (not duo, not team) and be on the winning side more than you lose. I've gone 6/1/27 as Sona (that many kills because my ADC was dead dang near the whole game from overextending or jumping into 2, 3 or even 5 of them) and still lost. My record is unbalanced on the loss side because of these feeders. PLEASE, give us a button that we can use to 'mark' a player who obvuiously is trolling so we can dodge the game, give that person the 30 minute penalty and move on to a more serious team comp. Also..remove Teemo from the fame. He's useless.

Supports can't carry, no. But they can buff a bad carry to be able to carry their team. It's hardly impossible to win as support, but you have to be more choosy with your teams. If anyone starts arguing in team chat before the game even starts, queue dodge. Queue dodge like you've never queue dodged in your life. A lot of people are unwilling to do it because of the wait time, but honestly, it's VERY easy to tell if your team is going to get curb stomped before the round even starts. Just don't even put yourself through it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thaoin

Junior Member

11-15-2012

I main as support for solo Q, I've been able to carry a game as support maybe like once in every 10 or so games, it's hard as hell but it's doable. Although a support most of the time can only be as good as their ADC. The amount of games I've lost due to an ADC ignoring pings of in-coming ganks, failing at last hitting, rushing a PD, over extending when I go back to buy a ward, or just standing in the open for a Blitz grab (I can only tank so many grabs for people) is starting to become more than I can count. But in the end I managed to hit bout 1240ish elo and with more wins than losses in S2 :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceCreamSammich

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Then I am having a severe string of bad luck. I can usually go most of the game without a death, and end up with less deaths than I have kills. I main Sona, and her range is fantastic for picking off those guys that try to flee a teamfight. I am solo queue exclusively, since my 'elo' is only about 800, everyone assumes I suck and won't duo queue with me. I get more than average cs due to almost EVERY ADC I have played with overextending and dying often. That leaves me to cover the lane with 2-3 enemies pressing in. the reason my ADC's die so often is because they are 'locked' into a single ADC that they can play. Most times, it is Ashe, second favorite is Ezreal. However, that is not the problem. The problem is that these people actually counterpick themselves. I will get someone in team chat call ADC immediately (even if he's last pick) and auto-lock in Ezreal - even when the enemy team has already locked in Graves/Taric as a bot lane. Or another common instance is the auto-lock Ashe - no matter who has been chosen as enemy ADC. Most cases it's an Ezreal or a Kog'Maw. then the fact that we MIGHT have 1 tank doesn't help when facing a Graves/Taric bot, Cho'Gath mid, Malphite jungle and Garen top. If I was to 'dodge' every bad team comp, i think I would be able to play 1 or 2 games per day after all the dodge timer penalties. If you feel that you would like to help me, then please add me in game. I'm more than willing to accept assistance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dotayy

Senior Member

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ15 View Post
Its frustrating, I am just going to play normals for a while till the elo evens out.
Normals just arent as fun anymore. =\


123