About the Emote Spam

1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean Pop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YordleYell View Post
No answer for this? It's what I've been wondering all day. XD
"Stop attacking me pls"
Continues to attack
"Im reporting you for harassment."

YordleYell

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Heel Surfer View Post
"Stop attacking me pls"
Continues to attack
"Im reporting you for harassment."
Woww, that's really going to be your answer here?

Are you going to argue that spamming emotes end to end is as necessary in a game as using attacks? XD

And here I was actually hoping you had missed the question and might provide a proper answer... That's just stupid. = w=

Calys Teneb

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???1H View Post
Thanks for your insight. Now I want to read what a red has to say about this. I understand that the tribunal is run by unpaid players with a tendency to have heavy bias on situations. Hearing an unbiased interpretation of the summoner's code will put this to rest.
Quote:
If it's the post I'm thinking of, Zileas was actually mentioning that the community is more lenient on bans than Riot staff would generally be internally.
-RiotSeb

http://lolpt.com/redtracker.php?p=2&id=2567699

Quote:
Tribunal users tend to be more lenient than Riot staff--this has been shown time and time again in the data
-Lyte

http://lolpt.com/redtracker.php?id=841997

LittleDi

11-14-2012

Pretty sure he's dug his own grave now.

Quote:
Nah. I kept pressing F1-F3 as soon as the previous laugh/taunt finished in fights (my binds for laugh, joke, taunt respectively.) It made the game a bit more challenging but brought joy to some people. Others not so much apparently.
Effectively he confirms he was spamming and instead of accepting this he thinks it shouldn't be punishable.

As I pointed out in this thread earlier using a feature is fine, abusing it is not. Lyte already did a response to feature abuse. It's a matter of which feature is being abused now until they confirm that all feature abuse is reportable.

Korean Pop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Pretty sure he's dug his own grave now.

Effectively he confirms he was spamming and instead of accepting this he thinks it shouldn't be punishable.

As I pointed out in this thread earlier using a feature is fine, abusing it is not. Lyte already did a response to feature abuse. It's a matter of which feature is being abused now until they confirm that all feature abuse is reportable.
Don't know how you think that by me saying that makes me guilty. Look at my title. It says emote spam. Good work though sherlock.

Emailsupport7346

11-14-2012

Quote:
Don't know how you think that by me saying that makes me guilty. Look at my title. It says emote spam. Good work though sherlock.
He's an apologist. He will intentionally misread your posts to confirm his bias.

Exploding Barrel

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
He's an apologist. He will intentionally misread your posts to confirm his bias.
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

LittleDi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 View Post
And you forgot that in your own thread I would of pardoned the reform card and requested riot actually look at the game logs that we can't see to determine if he was spamming the emote all game every game. Which he confirmed. So he confirms he's spamming a feature. Last time someone spammed a feature was the report feature. Linked that to the op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???1H View Post
I welcome opinion on whether or not I deserved the ban or not. However, I only care about Riot's official statement on the matter.
So he's asking if abusing a feature is deserving a ban or not.

Thus my "bias" is that the reform card should of read pardon, but his actions deserve review aside from that.

Go figure...

LittleDi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
apologist; noun
one who speaks or writes in defense of someone or something.

His claim is that I am defending the tribunal. In this case I am not. By summoners code I couldn't confirm any actions from the game that he was abusing the feature. I would of hit pardon after grabbing the case # and sending it in for a riot review anyways. Frankly there was too much claims that it was being done for it to be completely false but ZERO evidence that it was.

Exploding Barrel

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
apologist; noun
one who speaks or writes in defense of someone or something.

His claim is that I am defending the tribunal. In this case I am not. By summoners code I couldn't confirm any actions from the game that he was abusing the feature. I would of hit pardon after grabbing the case # and sending it in for a riot review anyways. Frankly there was too much claims that it was being done for it to be completely false but ZERO evidence that it was.
Yeah, I just mean he keeps repeating it like it's an insult or something, when it (a) isn't and (b) applies just as much to his posts written in defense of the punished.

And I try never to miss a chance to quote the Princess Bride.

1234567 ... 10