About the Emote Spam

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Dazzling

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiyo chan View Post
It blows my mind what's so difficult to understand about this issue. Yes,it's a mechanic implemented by Riot... Yes, it is a way of taunt the opponent "by the rules "... Yes, they even stated that we could use it at our hearts content. .. Now... where does it say that we can use it to break people's gonads till the clear point where 5+ guys reported you several times because you spent probably more than 20 minutes repeating the same thing non stop with the obvious purpose of annoy?
Reminds me of the 1 week ban for abusing the report button. Been there, done that and I learned - or at least i reduced the use of it - the hard way, unfortunately. Yes, it is a system implemented by Riot that we are free to use... but to an extend. Spamming reports because we're butthurt is wrong because it has no value.. Spamming the emotes because we're in the mood to annoy people, is clearly a form of bad behaviour and a feature abuse.....
It's simple common sense. And courtesy.
Agreed.

To the OP, you can argue you did nothing wrong if you choose. The fact of the matter is you went out of your way to spam your emotes with the sole intent of annoying and harassing everyone else in the game. It's no different than ping spamming or chat spamming, you spam you get punished.

Pin Heel Surfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solostaram View Post
Agreed.

To the OP, you can argue you did nothing wrong if you choose. The fact of the matter is you went out of your way to spam your emotes with the sole intent of annoying and harassing everyone else in the game. It's no different than ping spamming or chat spamming, you spam you get punished.
I'd hardly call that harassing people, but that's difference in opinion. I had fun. Some people had fun with me too. Others didn't. Did you see Ashe/Taric in game #2? They were harassing me. Ping spamming = limited. Chat spamming is widely discouraged. Emote spamming is something new that i'd like to get a red's opinion on.

LittleDi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Heel Surfer View Post
Emote spamming is something new that i'd like to get a red's opinion on.
I think you just did get the view from the tribunal.

Pin Heel Surfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
I think you just did get the view from the tribunal.
Those are bias opinions from unpaid players that could care less and can't read both sides of the story.

Scandulous

11-14-2012

Who is supposed to have an unbiased opinion? Honestly, I think the Tribunal would have been pretty fair on this subject. As we've seen in the forums, this case fell into a particularly grey area of the rules for many players. Since your chat wasn't really bannable, I think most players actually had to stop and think about this. Guess that doesn't really make a difference if you don't trust the tribunal, though.

That aside, I've been curious - Why didn't you stop the emote spam when others asked you? Did you honestly think that it wasn't annoying anyone at that point?

LittleDi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Those are bias opinions from unpaid players that could care less and can't read both sides of the story.
I read both sides of the chat. Did you?

Yiyo chan

11-14-2012

Guess i wasn't clear-
The "spamming reports" was/is an issue that happens with people like me that gets easily annoyed by others. Is when you have no real reason to report just your own frustration.. I used to report 4 or more players per game and deserved a nice 1 week ban for Abusing a Riot Feature that I took as the big girl that I am without complains and try to change that every time I play now. Because I overused something the game gives me... for stupid reasons.

Now in this specific case I don't think entire teams and even own teammates were actually "butthurt" but really annoyed by the constant spamming. More than 5 users were affected by your actions in a game, in others 2 or 3.. I think that's more than just being butthurt.. Sorry but I can't understand what's to review. "Your rights end where my rights begin"... if you are annoying and making an unpleasant game for the rest, then you get punished...

Hope you get the Valid response from the Reds you are searching, though.. So everybody goes home happily

Pin Heel Surfer

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
I read both sides of the chat. Did you?
Example of what I mean by my side of the story:
Game #4, could the tribunal peers know why I typed like that? No, they don't have that information. Even though I was not reported because of my behavior towards my friend, many people who take a first glance say, "oh! that's why he got reported! punish."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiyo chan View Post
Guess i wasn't clear-
The "spamming reports" was/is an issue that happens with people like me that gets easily annoyed by others. Is when you have no real reason to report just your own frustration.. I used to report 4 or more players per game and deserved a nice 1 week ban for Abusing a Riot Feature that I took as the big girl that I am without complains and try to change that every time I play now. Because I overused something the game gives me... for stupid reasons.

Now in this specific case I don't think entire teams and even own teammates were actually "butthurt" but really annoyed by the constant spamming. More than 5 users were affected by your actions in a game, in others 2 or 3.. I think that's more than just being butthurt.. Sorry but I can't understand what's to review. "Your rights end where my rights begin"... if you are annoying and making an unpleasant game for the rest, then you get punished...

Hope you get the Valid response from the Reds you are searching, though.. So everybody goes home happily
Thanks!

YordleYell

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandulous View Post
~~~

That aside, I've been curious - Why didn't you stop the emote spam when others asked you? Did you honestly think that it wasn't annoying anyone at that point?
No answer for this? It's what I've been wondering all day. XD

LittleDi

11-14-2012

Quote:
Example of what I mean by my side of the story:
Game #4, could the tribunal peers know why I typed like that? No, they don't have that information. Even though I was not reported because of my behavior towards my friend, many people who take a first glance say, "oh! that's why he got reported! punish."
In other words you never looked at the enemy team chat.

Game 1:
Ryze [00:04:21] i relaly hate people that spam that ****
So you obviously got reported by him because you're spamming your emotes all the time in under 4 minutes.

He's not the only one with an issue for it.
Game 2:
Ashe [00:02:02] shut up corki
6 minutes of you doing this later...
Ashe [00:08:02] corki u ***
Ashe [00:08:07] shut up plz
Corki [00:08:39] Please stop harrassing me Ashe.

It's obvious they're not speaking about your chat. Your decision? Keep repeating it because it's easier to hide than chat. We have 4 games where you're spamming it? And you want to say you're wondering why you got reported for using a feature instead of abusing a feature? There's a huge gap between using and abusing a feature.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2504838

Abuse a feature was done in the past. That one was related to report spamming. There's your red response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
1) What happened?
a) A small group of players were identified as abusers of the report feature--many of these players had repeatedly created negative experiences for others by consistently reporting players for infractions that were reviewed as unwarranted while also harassing the same players in-game.
We go from Report abuse to emote abuse and you get the same net outcome.

But lets go ahead and ask Lyte how many times you spammed your emotes shall we?

123456 ... 10