About the Emote Spam

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jet Li Sin

Member

11-14-2012

Hi. I am 放課後1H, the guy who got banned for "emote spamming."

I created the first thread on my other account pinheel surfer because, according to my reform card, my posting privileges have been suspended. Apparently not.

Quote:
Greetings ???1H,

Certain in-game activity on your account was found to be in violation of the Summoner's Code by the Tribunal. Your account and forum posting privileges will be TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED until 2012-11-16 08:45:29. Please remember that multiple violations of the Summoner's Code can lead to permanent suspension of your account.
I welcome opinion on whether or not I deserved the ban or not. However, I only care about Riot's official statement on the matter.

Phreak himself said that you should spam laugh at your opponent when you have downtime.
See spotlight here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOpT__qwjdQ#t=175

Also, in the Darius patch notes, it says:
Quote:
[*]Fixed a bug where players could not spam emotes to their heart's content
Most of you have already seen the tribunal reform card. If not: here you go
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5930455/

A misconception about game #4:
My friend is Akali. My mic was not working on mumble so I replied to him via game chat. I was not reported for calling him a noob. I was reported for
Quote:
Reported by: Ally

"spammed emotes all game"
If Lyte ever decides to post, you will see that the friend is in all 4 games that are shown on my reform card. He is probably there in the other games that I've been reported in, just not shown. Quote from him:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVERworld View Post
I was Akali, he was Kog maw. It has been said many times that we were just playing around. His mic didn't work in mumble so he typed things he would have said on mumble. and I responded on mumble, hence no typing by Akali, who was me.
At this point, I'm just hoping for an official statement from Riot. I want to know if it is actually reportable to use a feature implemented in the game, as well as endorsed by a riot staff. Thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

11-14-2012

"Make sure to bind laugh to your keyboard as it prevents them from dealing TONS of damage."

Guess you'll be informing people that Lee Sin also starts with 6 warmogs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Riot implemented the chat feature too. But abusing it is the primary way to get banned. They even implemented the feature that makes your champion move where you right-click, but using it to charge into the enemy towers over and over again intentionally is certainly punishable.

Abusing any system in the game in order to ilicit a negative response from other players, which in my opinion is made clear as your goal when you ignore their mostly-polite requests to stop, is the textbook definition of trolling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jet Li Sin

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Riot implemented the chat feature too. But abusing it is the primary way to get banned. They even implemented the feature that makes your champion move where you right-click, but using it to charge into the enemy towers over and over again intentionally is certainly punishable.

Abusing any system in the game in order to ilicit a negative response from other players, which in my opinion is made clear as your goal when you ignore their mostly-polite requests to stop, is the textbook definition of trolling.
Good points. Now tell me if a Riot staff member ever endorsed spamming chat/charging into enemy towers. I know a Riot staff member endorsed spamming taunts/laughs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???1H View Post
Good points. Now tell me if a Riot staff member ever endorsed spamming chat/charging into enemy towers. I know a Riot staff member endorsed spamming taunts/laughs.
You're just nitpicking the fact that an intern decided to put some lightheartedness into the patch notes, instead of putting everyone to sleep with "Fixed a bug where sometimes emotes stopped working when used in quick succession." Riot has never been one to hide behind lame corporate mumbo jumbo and I think lots of people appreciate that about them.

I'm at work and can't watch the video you're referring to, but I doubt it's an express endorsement from Phreak to spend 20+ minutes spamming emotes to the annoyance of your allies and enemies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-14-2012

It blows my mind what's so difficult to understand about this issue. Yes,it's a mechanic implemented by Riot... Yes, it is a way of taunt the opponent "by the rules "... Yes, they even stated that we could use it at our hearts content. .. Now... where does it say that we can use it to break people's gonads till the clear point where 5+ guys reported you several times because you spent probably more than 20 minutes repeating the same thing non stop with the obvious purpose of annoy?
Reminds me of the 1 week ban for abusing the report button. Been there, done that and I learned - or at least i reduced the use of it - the hard way, unfortunately. Yes, it is a system implemented by Riot that we are free to use... but to an extend. Spamming reports because we're butthurt is wrong because it has no value.. Spamming the emotes because we're in the mood to annoy people, is clearly a form of bad behaviour and a feature abuse.....
It's simple common sense. And courtesy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

11-14-2012

I quoted the bit of information that they think Phreak was confirming it's acceptable to spam emotes. I'm the second post...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jet Li Sin

Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
You're just nitpicking the fact that an intern decided to put some lightheartedness into the patch notes, instead of putting everyone to sleep with "Fixed a bug where sometimes emotes stopped working when used in quick succession." Riot has never been one to hide behind lame corporate mumbo jumbo and I think lots of people appreciate that about them.

I'm at work and can't watch the video you're referring to, but I doubt it's an express endorsement from Phreak to spend 20+ minutes spamming emotes to the annoyance of your allies and enemies.
Thanks for your insight. Now I want to read what a red has to say about this. I understand that the tribunal is run by unpaid players with a tendency to have heavy bias on situations. Hearing an unbiased interpretation of the summoner's code will put this to rest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean Pop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiyo chan View Post
It blows my mind what's so difficult to understand about this issue. Yes,it's a mechanic implemented by Riot... Yes, it is a way of taunt the opponent "by the rules "... Yes, they even stated that we could use it at our hearts content. .. Now... where does it say that we can use it to break people's gonads till the clear point where 5+ guys reported you several times because you spent probably more than 20 minutes repeating the same thing non stop with the obvious purpose of annoy?
Reminds me of the 1 week ban for abusing the report button. Been there, done that and I learned - or at least i reduced the use of it - the hard way, unfortunately. Yes, it is a system implemented by Riot that we are free to use... but to an extend. Spamming reports because we're butthurt is wrong because it has no value.. Spamming the emotes because we're in the mood to annoy people, is clearly a form of bad behaviour and a feature abuse.....
It's simple common sense. And courtesy.
Oh, but spamming reports because they are "butthurt" got me this time.

I'll be posting on this account since I want to keep 放課後1H a junior member.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Heel Surfer View Post
Oh, but spamming reports because they are "butthurt" got me this time.
And now you're proving it was justified anyways. Calling anyone "butthurt" for any reason is not acceptable.

But lets see what game 1 says again shall we?
4 enemy reports. 2 allied.
Game 2?
2 enemy, 1 ally.
Game 3?
3 enemy.
Game 4?
1 enemy, 1 ally.

So you offended 4 allies in addition to 10 enemy players. So obviously it wasn't just the enemy being "butthurt" as you claim.


12345 ... 10