Nunu Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

09-09-2012

So I picked up Nunu finally. I needed a good jungle tank that doesn't get banned and can be played as support if need be.

I've only played him jungle so far, and do ok (haven't gotten into total jungle control yet), but have had trouble with knowing when and how to use his ultimate. I tend to get focused hardcore when I pop it.

I'm looking for both general Nunu tips and specifically pro tips on his ultimate.

Gnarzard

09-09-2012

Build more tanky if you're getting focused. His ult is a 5 second channel so you need to survive pretty long. Using it in brush helps too because then they can't tell you're using it until too late.

Tiggum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2012

When you play nunu you have to kind of expect you're going to be targeted when you pop your ult. Since i usually play both support nunu and jungle nunu it's a great way to make the entire enemy team stop focusing your allies and attack you.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-10-2012

Keep in mind, Nunu is not an initiator. The CC needs to get blown on someone else so he can use his ultimate. If you do draft/ranked, I also wouldn't recommend playing Nunu against a CC heavy team if you're one of the later picks. Unless the enemy team has 0 CC, you need to recognize when they've blown their abilities which means be familiar with what everyone can do.

One of the best ways to use the ult is as a surprise ambush from the brush. In anything more than maybe 2v2, this requires a bit of coordination and know-how from you team mates since someone needs to bait and draw the CC. Nunu has incredible utility, but he needs a team who knows how to use him. Solo queuing with him you'll definitely have mixed results.

Since your ult is highly dependent upon your ability to survive, make sure you're building against their biggest damage threats. I like Sunfire Cape on Nunu since it goes well with his tendency to be in the middle of things. Rod of Ages is good for health and AP. The Rylais passive is a bit redundant on Nunu, but if you need to stack health against true damage, it's not a bad choice. Shurelya's, Soul Shroud, Aegis, and Frozen Heart also go well on him. I almost always build Frozen Heart for the CDR. Thornmail and Force of Nature are good situational picks if the enemy team is unbalanced or you're countering a specific threat. I've experimented with Haunting Guise too. It's a nice early-mid game item. With the combined AP and MP it's effectively true damage and the health doesn't hurt either. You will however need to replace it later.

Finally, remember you can break the ult early. If say, a tank, is about to walk out of range, let him go since you probably won't kill him anyways. If the ADC is about to get out, though, it's often better to at least get partial damage on him.

Jesot

09-10-2012

Yeah, I have noticed that I pop my ult and my team runs away while I get focused rather than take advantage of the situation...

NightmareAce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Nu bump