Lux Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lightmagician60

11-14-2012

for the reason why i think she needs a change
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post31405837

--Prismatic Swirl (W )
Lux throws her wand, Proc'ing her Passive on all enemies it passes over, then re-turning to lux proc'ing any on the turn as well.
(Shield part would be removed)
Passive's damage: 120/125/130/135/140%
Mana cost: 80/95/110/125/140

(her shield was sorta point less, as i say in the other page... she don't have enough supporting skills to support... and as a mage you max the shield last and it didn't have the AP rate to be useful late game, so i reworked it and got this. this adds a new level of skill to Lux, while making her not as easy to counter. and for those you like getting bonuses for being skilled.. if your quick you can re-apply the passive before it returns Proc'ing it twice, this skill is not meant to be her new main damaging tool thats why the mana cost is so high)

--Lucent Singularity (E )
Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110
Damage: 75/110/145/180/215 (+50% AP)

(now mainly used for applying her passive it does not need as much damage or as high a mana cost)

--Final Spark (Ult )
Damage: 250/325/400 (+75% AP)

(Lowered the damage cause now her overall damage is higher, and really it have 40 Sec CD... it don't need to hit that hard)

Firellius

11-14-2012

Exactly what is wrong with Lux?

I think she's pretty flippin' perfect at the moment. As long as her ult's hit detection is working properly.

WCDireWolf

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Lux is fine, and her shield is already quite strong. A double shield is amazing, and she's already obnoxiously hard to gank. (And most champs usually have a skill they're willing to forsake until 14+)

Oddric

11-14-2012

Or just make her shield not stop her movement...

KodiakDug

11-14-2012

I like playing Lux, and these ideas are no bueno. The shield is a defensive tool, not offensive. Giving her the ability to pop her passive with the shield would just be ridiculous. E>R>W........can anyone say "All the damage?"

EDIT: Especially since I just looked at the OP again and saw that your fix for the shield has the passive deal bonus damage on the passives it procs.

Ornalth is Mine

11-14-2012

It's an AoE sheild with total of 180 base sheild and .35 scaling, if your able to hit it on the return, it is 360 + .7 scaling per person. It is garanteed to hit yourself, so that's already 360 + .7, now assuming you even hit one other person on the outgoing sheild, that's 540 + 1.05 scaling. On average, if I even bother to position, I can hit atleast 2 people on my team with both procs on the sheild. So the bare minimum for people who somewhat knows how to play lux should be...3 x 360 + .7 x 3 = 1080 base + 2.1 ratio, that's assuming you only hit 2 teammates. It's full potential is 1800 + 3.5 ratio...idk about you, but I think it's just about the strongest sheild in game. I really would prefer the sheild over something I can do with auto attacks on lux, especially since late game the procs are barely noticeable, where as blocking...lets assume u have 400 AP because you have no AP runes and a little bit behind. 1800 + 3.5(400) = 1800 + 1400 = 3200, potential to sheild 3200 damage. So..yeah, I think the sheild yields a higher reward for being skilled than if the W only procs your 1xx something damage passive...

lightmagician60

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakDug View Post
I like playing Lux, and these ideas are no bueno. The shield is a defensive tool, not offensive. Giving her the ability to pop her passive with the shield would just be ridiculous. E>R>W........can anyone say "All the damage?"

EDIT: Especially since I just looked at the OP again and saw that your fix for the shield has the passive deal bonus damage on the passives it procs.
she is a mage not a support... the shield would be removed and re-named

EDIT: fixed so that confusion don't happen again

KodiakDug

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmagician60 View Post
she is a mage not a support... the shield would be removed and re-named
I still think giving her the ability you are recommending would be a terrible idea. Lux is perfectly fine the way she is now. She is counterable enough to not be OP, and does well enough that she is not UP. Yes, she pushes lanes, but that is part of what she does. She has pretty good zoning potential, and decent escapability from ganks, if she sees them coming. Catch her off guard though, and she goes down like a sack of bricks.

TL;DR: Lux is fine as she is. Leave her alone.

lightmagician60

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinesePride View Post
It's an AoE sheild with total of 180 base sheild and .35 scaling, if your able to hit it on the return, it is 360 + .7 scaling per person. It is garanteed to hit yourself, so that's already 360 + .7, now assuming you even hit one other person on the outgoing sheild, that's 540 + 1.05 scaling. On average, if I even bother to position, I can hit atleast 2 people on my team with both procs on the sheild. So the bare minimum for people who somewhat knows how to play lux should be...3 x 360 + .7 x 3 = 1080 base + 2.1 ratio, that's assuming you only hit 2 teammates. It's full potential is 1800 + 3.5 ratio...idk about you, but I think it's just about the strongest sheild in game. I really would prefer the sheild over something I can do with auto attacks on lux, especially since late game the procs are barely noticeable, where as blocking...lets assume u have 400 AP because you have no AP runes and a little bit behind. 1800 + 3.5(400) = 1800 + 1400 = 3200, potential to sheild 3200 damage. So..yeah, I think the sheild yields a higher reward for being skilled than if the W only procs your 1xx something damage passive...
k fine your math holds water, but Lux is mostly built mage not support. and your right the procs are barely notice-able.. that why it does 140% at rank 5 190 + 40 & is 266 and if you could re-apply the mark before it returned it would be 532 total

deathmage390

11-14-2012

dude no shield not used for ap mid lux unless u about to die from ignite or other dot because u stop and if u stop then u get caught just remove her stopping to use it and its great especialy for support lux