How ELO should be done:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reckless Rancor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Ok here is how i see how the ELO rating should go as.
If you play well help your team and win you gain XX amount
If you play well but dont help your team you can XX amount
IF you play ok you gain a less amount of ELO
If you play netural and help your team (2/2/5 for example) you gain maybe 5-10 elo
Now if you lose and still try and go posotive (12/5/4 as another example) you should gain a bit of ELO instead of losing 12-19 ELO bcause of your team going negative and feeding/leaving.
Now if you are feeding you should lose more elo then anyone else (maybe around 20-25 ELO)

That would be hard to determain yes but i believe it could be done.

Break down of the ELO tree right now:
Win +12-18 ELO (based on time)
loss -12-18 ELO (based on time)
Leaving -12-19 ELO (regardless of time and game outcome)

TL;DR fix the ELO rating system to better fit this game.This isn't chess.

Aris

11-14-2012

would you like to write the coding for a program that can judge if players played well, helped their team, played bad etc?

K/D/A doesn't tell the whole story, or even most of it

RainClloud

11-14-2012

"Now if you lose and still try and go posotive (12/5/4 as another example) you should gain a bit of ELO instead of losing 12-19 ELO bcause of your team going negative and feeding/leaving. "

with this system, ELO wouldn't mean anything other than the amount of games played. Even if it was practical to make the coding for this type of thing (which it isn't), it would just destroy ranked. Every single game you gain ELO unless you feed...

KirbyCake

11-14-2012

I can't even begin to tell you whats wrong with your system...

omg its vayne

11-14-2012

not sure if troll or just stupid

Reckless Rancor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

its a ruf idea. Im just saying the one currently in place is not a good reflection on the skill level of players. It also stems to how they reset the ELO this season.

Also just finished a game 9/12/8 and had a teemo go 2/17.... And thats why we need a new ELO rating system.

BirdsKill

11-14-2012

No, good players have no issue reaching 2.2k+

The system works fine and the bell curve works fine. It doesn't need to change.

Nana A Deviluke

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Rancor View Post
its a ruf idea. Im just saying the one currently in place is not a good reflection on the skill level of players. It also stems to how they reset the ELO this season.

Also just finished a game 9/12/8 and had a teemo go 2/17.... And thats why we need a new ELO rating system.
I finish the game as a Taric support. 1/9/27. Did I do good or bad?

Arcticfury

11-14-2012

I've gone 0/2/16 with Soraka, I've gone 0/6/22 with Soraka, both ended in wins, both I kept my adc alive and very fed, and in team fights we won almost all, trading 1-2 deaths for all 5 of them, and being squishy it was usually me that died. Being support means your stats suck, but it's your clutch healing and cc that help win, not the amount of healing or amount of cc.

No, this makes no sense.

And, these "bad" players, they will continually do bad and lose more and more, making them drop out of your ELO, you'll continue to play about the same and will slowly move to your ELO. The ELO system works fine. I do think multiple DCs and AFKs should most definitely result in ELO drop, but the rest, nope, that makes no sense. It's too subjective and no amount of coding could ever determine what you truly added to the game.

Rathour

11-14-2012

I go 0/3/25 as Leona. My carry that I support in bottom lane, feed kills, peel for, and otherwise "get b*tches off my Squishy" goes 17/2/16. I use my meager support income to buy wards to make sure we have control of the enemy's side of the map. I set up the perfect initiation to kill their carry in a major teamfight, allowing us to ace them and kill baron even though I sacrificed my life in the process.

By your system I would lose ELO.