Buy chicken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiStorm

11-14-2012

Share.
*shared*

"Why am i facechecking, stopping to tank and dying so you can get kills"
"how did i die to Roshan when i was afk grabbing a drink"

*unshare*

"Wtf man it wasnt me, it was such and such".

*reshare with 2 people*

*chicken dies behind tower with my claymore, wards and tangos*

OH man no did u.
Where is my chicken.

WHERE IS MY CHICKEN.

No more chickens.

I hate you guys.

KiStorm

11-14-2012

Don't lie, you love it too.

KiStorm

11-14-2012

Trolling in a purely for fun based game with no ranked was fun.

Eliminating it and making the game competitive as well as entertaining was a good move.

BUT.

This eliminates humour from normal modes, having no control over a situation and having that used against you for entertainment can be taken the wrong way, no leaver penalty and people not banning you after they trolled you as a joke and you took offense to it and left made it more balanced.

Trolling turned into griefing.

No longer was humour involved or the joke/trick even potentially a 2-way laugh.

There is no humour involved when a friendly Taric, possibly capable of living, casts shatter before a Caitlyn ulti hits him, just so he can laugh at his pro Hari-Kari with almost no proof it wasn't simply his unskilled nature, an attempt to deal some last damage to an out of mana Amumu and only speculation and instinct say if it is intentional or not.

Being swapped into a team-fight then bailed on.

Makes me LoL.

Having a ranked Singed throw a carry at me when i'm near death and having no remorse, apology or humor involved aside from "what?" "it wasnt on purpose".

Makes me sad.

Often griefing is a mystery and trolling is obvious.

Trolling damages your own reputation.
Griefing in ranked damages others peoples reputations as they depend on each other and a weak link is often a loss, whether intentional or not is where the mystery lies.

And i see no end to trolling and an attempt to diffuse it actually just made the trolling less obvious, more frustrating to deal with and far less humorous.

KiStorm

11-14-2012

Yes i will admit, some people just pretended to be dumb.

Now people are only ever doing this kind of thing pretending to be dumb, and it's too easy.

The temptation of obvious trolling left windows for increased humor at increased cost and obviousness.

Now it's far more strategic, toxic and damaging.

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

What

The

Are

You

Talking

About?

KiStorm

11-14-2012

If you don't know don't worry but it's a topic about how friendly fire has the advantage of being more trust based gaming and allowing more interactive spells such as Urgot swapping allies is a double edged sword for trolling/helping but in Riots efforts to remove the impact of trolling with abilities like a friendly Blitzcrank not being allowed to grab an ally because it can be used to grief someone and deny them a kill whilst at the same time can boost comradery and trust with a well placed save from death disappoints me greatly because now trolls just irritate me more with sadistic behaviour, self obsession and being a general annoyance in low elo ranked.

KiStorm

11-14-2012

Mainly because its not as obvious as it could be, there is no temptation to be an obvious troll and get caught out by the many joys of intentionally griefing with a blitzcrank able to grab friendlys (it spirals out of control) and it made it harder to detect, less fun to do and more generally ****ed up because now its a strategy more than anything.

On the flipside this kind of mechanic would just make ranked even worse but with the report function would quickly be left to normal mode games, and possibly dealt with less seriously than ranked, once a whole team of friendly helping abilities like urgot swapping allies and blitz grabbing allies etc becomes a playground of "kill all allies".

CaptainBinkles

11-14-2012

Im. So. Confused

KiStorm

11-14-2012

Ok.

Imagine the potential.

Urgot can swap allies.
Such as Nunu.

Swapping nunu will transfer him and his ultimate to where urgot is.

urgots swap has an increased range per level.

Double edged sword because Urgot can use this to escape certain death and this can be used to sacrifice anothers life or simply used on a tank and they can both escape safely.

This can also be used to troll people.

Opens up huge huge amounts of gameplay.

Allows huge huge amounts of trolling.

Couple the same friendly editing type capabilities to a Blitzcrank, allowing him to grab allies and he can save people, set up fights by using it to position or help an ally get into a fight with their AOEs but can also be used to drag a fleeing ally back into the fray to die, or can be used to stop that ally getting a kill.

Much like the Urgot swap could be used to KS with a swapped position on an ally about to score a kill.

KiStorm

11-14-2012

I like double edged swords and these circumstances already occur with singed, blitzcrank etc but on a much smaller scale.

Trolling capabilities are very low in this game, but this makes trolling a more aggressive plan, throwing games etc and i find it incredibly frustrating for a ranked game.