New to LoL - Running a runeless Akali <3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schrii

11-15-2012

Hello,

I've known about League of Legends for a while now, but I never really played it. That changed when a few of my online buddies asked me to come join them. I did, and I'm happy I did.

Now, onto business. During my first week of playing, Katarina was on the 'free roster'. I tried her, and I liked her. I decided to save up my points, and when I finally had enough to get her, I stumbled across Akali. In a last minute change-of-heart, I bought Akali (did terribly my first time with her, but it was only my 5th match ever played in this game), and I ended up liking her.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community, and I look forward to seeing you on the Fields of Justice!

PS - I am open to constructive help with playing a runeless Akali. I usually get a Dorans Blade ASAP to trigger my passive, and it seems to work, so we'll see...

Dominagoogintage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Great to see an aspiring Akali player! She was the first champion I fell in love with as well so I really hope I can help you out!

First of all I recommend playing her using Ability Power (AP) items instead of Attack Damage (AD). Yes her passive does provide for great burst damage but it is nothing compared to the burst you get out of an AP build. I usually start with boots and three health pots and then start building AP items. Your first AP item, in my opinion, should be an Amplifying Tome. Gives you straight up Ability Power and allows you to build a Hextech Gunblade which gives you spell vamp (returns health based on damage done using an AP spell). its sort of like the AP version of lifesteal if that helps.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/akali-the-epitome-of-an-assassin-80578<------- this website has made me the great player I consider myself today and I recommend it to anyone who plays League! It gives a ton of info on what to build and what items to buy. It also gives extensive tips on how to truly master any champion! I use it to this day and I've been playing for over a year.

Hope this was helpful! Hope you love Akali!

Your friendly summoner, Dominagoogintage 8)

YASUSHI

11-15-2012

lol