Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aZnPYTHONaZn

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
This case gets weird and odd - but in general, it should hit all of them if you targetted B.

No - Attacking turrets would draw aggro if there was a champion nearby, so attacking turrets doesn't trigger Hurricane.
how would it hit X?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
18 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
What? Lifesteal does not work on any on-hit effect except trinity/sheen/lichbane. Do you mean to say that it procs lifesteal, because lifesteal is an on-hit, which the extra shots proc?
Sorry - I meant to say Life steal works on anything that applies on-hit effects. Which is exactly what you've stated. My bad.

Quote:
how would it hit X?
X is the user of Hurricane from what I gathered, so hopefully it wouldn't hit X.

Bear Furlong

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
This case gets weird and odd - but in general, it should hit all of them if you targetted B.
So in theory could you use this a sort of artificial way to increase the range of you AA?

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

So, I assume like the new Tiamat, this won't splash if you're attacking a turret?

princeton125

11-14-2012

Can the extra shot jump to towers?

Pokeprof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I gotta ask then, has the itemization on the Current IE/PD/BT trinity been changed enough for champions other then potential abusers (like Twitch and Teemo) to want to take it? We know for a fact that the stats on at least Phantom dancer is going to change, but I'm wanting to know if it's been changed enough so that people would even look at other items for AS.

Currently, the reason why people on AD carries ignore all the other AS items is because they don't give them both the AS and the Crit which allows them to do massive damage.

Andarel

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exelsis xax View Post
Do you mean to say that it procs lifesteal, because lifesteal is an on-hit, which the extra shots proc?
Yeah, lifesteal is applied to anything that applies on-hit effects (Parrley, Mystic Shot, etc.)

Backtime

11-14-2012

Can you make an item that will benefit only Vayne or only ezreal or only cait or a specific item for each adc? I mean if your after different itemization's having different items specific to a certain character would be a good place to start.By making adc's have different items it will create more variety on who you're playing and all together in fights. People will have to become more aware of what that certain guy can build and that will be interesting to see how people deal with it.Also it would be a change from the same items we get now over and over. Like on vayne maybe you could build something that gives her a some aoe even if only for a little or maybe something that as you build it up gives different passives like 1 yard to tumble or increased duration to her ult idk something cool. For ezreal maybe increased range on his e or allows his passive to stack higher something interesting that allows them to bring more to the table other then ie bt pd ga pd lw boots.

Space Lizard

11-14-2012

Will there be any items for melee range on-hit champions, like Irelia and Volibear? AS/On-hit scaling champs both present (Voli moreso than Irelia) and potentially future lost something in Ionic Spark since the stacked case with Wits End was often the best way to capitalize on their damage, but these kinds of champions by nature don't scale exceptionally well with AD so Blade of the Ruined King is a suboptimal buy for them, and Hurricane is ranged only.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
19 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
I gotta ask then, has the itemization on the Current IE/PD/BT trinity been changed enough for champions other then potential abusers (like Twitch and Teemo) to want to take it?
I see nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT trinity being core on a lot of carries. It's a simple, powerful and very effective play style that solidly states that you are focused on dealing as much single target damage. Just because it's popular, doesn't mean it's bad (outside of the fact that PD makes you super fast, negating the need for defensive options a lot of the times.)

Hurricane simply offers you the option of becoming more Multi-Target focused, rather than Single-target focused, if you decide that's worth doing for your character.