Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
13 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Confused with Graves interaction. Atm each AA reduces cooldown by just 1 second but you've implied the item reduces the cooldown by 6 seconds (3 hit x 2 secs).

With on-hit effects like wits end and Blade of the Ruined King do they do their full damage? How does Sheen interact with Hurricane? Do you see this as another item to help out on-hit builds or might it be a trap item on such builds?

Does lifesteal proc off of the extra shots?
My bad entirely on Graves. For some reason I kept thinking Quick Draw was 2 per attack, and not 1.

Wit's End and BoRK do their full damage.

Sheen only applies to one target, and thus only your main attack will trigger Sheen.

Life Steal does proc off the extra shots, as life steal works on anything that is applies on-hit effects.

Aerophobia

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Phage checks each time. The bolts will trigger all the secondary effects like Warden's Mail and Thornmail - so if you suspect the opposing carry is going Hurricane - you may want to scatter one or two "revenge" style passives in your item build across your team.
Will there be a toggle option for this item for occasions such as everyone having these "revenge" style items?

2nd time directly below a red in this thread. I ain't gonna be ninja'd by any of you

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I can see this item and BotRK making on-hit Kog/Teemo extremely powerful (seeing as he can also slap on malady/wit's end too).

TheLastBaron88

11-14-2012

Really confused on how Hurricane prioritizes targets. Do they have to be near the primary target, or does this thing have 360 degree coverage? Damage from Ionic Spark and Tiamat were always countered by proper positioning, but the image of this thing spinning in my head looks more like a 1942 Arcade Power-up or something.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
14 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Will there be a toggle option for this item for occasions such as everyone having these "revenge" style items?
Not at the moment, no.

Quote:
Really confused on how Hurricane prioritizes targets. Do they have to be near the primary target
They have to be within (roughly) 300 units of your primary target.

Imagine Hurricane being a splash effect - that can only affect the two closest targets.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

With the item hitting the closest targets does it prioritize champions or will it actually hit a minion instead if it's even a little bit closer than a champion to the main target?

Also what's the range of the item? (I mean how far does a secondary target have to be before you don't get a second shot to them?)

Mourgus

11-14-2012

Now, theoretically with this item, aren't you buffing lifesteal?
If I have 25% lifesteal and deal 100% damage to my primary target and 100% split two ways onto two other enemies, I'm going to be lifestealing off of 50% of my attacks. With something like this, do you think we'll see Graves in more of an AD caster position with stacking bloodthirsters? I don't see how this wouldn't be viable on him with this item, as it'll drastically increase his damage as E can already be nearly perma-chained with enough AS, he'll have enough AS with this item and perma-chained E to infinitely sustain himself in fights. It just wouldn't be possible to DPS him down, he would have to be bursted.
Especially since if he has 3 targets, he's getting double the lifesteal he paid for.

Pnutt79

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikohoness View Post
What the hell? Now a life-steal ADC is going to be even MORE ridiculous?
Zerk boots, IE, PD, BT, Last whisper and hurricaine, that is:
+140% attack speed
+220 AD
+55% Crit chance
+20% lifesteal
40% Armor pen
AAANNNNDDD two extra shots at 50% damage

I remember when Riot tried to nerf lifesteal because they thought that it was making damage trivial for AD carries. (I personally don't think their nerf worked) But this item effectively gives the champ double damage, with double lifesteal... all for a single item slot.

Remember that whole argument about when one item is so good there is no reason to purchase anything else? It effectively becomes the only viable pick? This item does exactly that.
If it doesn't reduce the damage of the primary attack, then why would any ADC ever NOT build this item?

Wow... just wow.
Life steal will be nerfed even more in S3. So this is not likely. They are making more life steal items but reducing each ones total life steal.

ZestyJesty

11-14-2012

What about Bio-arcane barrage? This looks like an item custom built for kog. Attack speed, and i get to maul three people at the same time with increased attack range? Koggycane op!

Foulco

11-14-2012

What about Gangplank Parrrley?
As i remember GP is coded that parrrley is melee but is in fact a range spell.
I think it won't work but will work with the new Tiamat but i would like to know :3