Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippyman View Post
No, it isn't. in fact, if hurricane did interact with silver bolts appropriately, she would never get the bonus damage, as her bonus hits would act as a "target switch". She's not hitting one target consecutively, which is what procs the bonus damage.
Hitting one target consecutively isn't what Silver bolts says it requires though. Sure, it makes sense NOW given the context of what the item does, but without it in the question is just requires you to hit all targets consecutively.

Which would be close to impossible with this item, so it's better they have it the way it is.

Also, if you hit 3 people at one time and then hit those 3 people again, you have NOT target switched in any way shape or form.

Le Fiora Bot

11-14-2012

this will kill vayne for sure

Rippyman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Which is?

Here on Live we have no precedent for this. (Except yesterdays item preview, but there was no mention of that being a global aoe lifesteal standard.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
3. Hurricane deals 50% of your total attack damage.

Cheeto101

11-14-2012

This item seems like it will be ridiculous on Kog Maw given that his steroids scale so well with attack speed

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-14-2012
10 of 23 Riot Posts

Quote:
Is there any hesitation on allowing Teemos Toxic shot and Twitch's Venom to apply to 3 targets in a teamfight? AP/AS teemo could nearly waste an entire team with this effect and 3 target max stack expunge is gonna be pure satanic to deal with.
Yes, there is quite a bit of hesitation. However, this is the perfect time to try things that are.. well.. crazy and might not work in the long run.

Quote:
Which is?

Here on Live we have no precedent for this. (Except yesterdays item preview, but there was no mention of that being a global aoe lifesteal standard.)
Oh, I mean, since the secondary bolts only deal a % of your total attack damage and it only life leeches based off the damage dealt, the secondary bolts will typically drain far less than your main attack will.

Life Steal will still work on the full value.

Quote:
How does it work for Phage? I assume each bolt has it's own proc chance, but it could oddly be based on the main attacks proc.

Do the additional bolts trigger Warden's Mail, Thornmail, etc?
Phage checks each time. The bolts will trigger all the secondary effects like Warden's Mail and Thornmail - so if you suspect the opposing carry is going Hurricane - you may want to scatter one or two "revenge" style passives in your item build across your team.

exelsis xax

11-14-2012

If this wasn't ranged only, I would abuse it so damn hard on shen. Ki strike every other attack. Infinite energy!

Earl of Madness

11-14-2012

I hope the other AD carries will get some itemization. Twitch, MF, Graves, Varus and Cait all get a buff from this item. But what about Corki, Draven, EZ, Vayne. Those carries had better get some item love or they will fade away from viability.

henchdog

11-14-2012

Thanks for sharing this Xyph.

This is not really a question more of a thought...I main support (lulu) and I've always enjoyed a 'shredder' support build with malady and black cleaver (rip) and starks - which is aggressive and lots of fun, to an 'aura' support build, which is, to me kind of dull.

Do you think the new item set will still support a build like this - with this coming in and black cleaver moving over to be more of an AD bruiser thing, i'm left not feeling sure if i will still be able to put together an 'offensive' support build or not.

I'm really hoping i have an option that isnt 'wards' and 'auras'.

Anyway regardless of my personal wish list, thanks for all the work thats going on, it's really intersting to follow.

Minister of Pie

11-14-2012

What about Nautilus? Can he stun 3 enemies with this? Or is his passive an attack modifier or whatever?

Arasuki

11-14-2012

i think what everyone wants to know is if you build the hurricane and tiamats on kayle, will you be an unstoppable killing machine?