Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheQuesoBandit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Yes! No one is EVER getting away from my Frozen Mallet/Hurricane Teemo! (Insert maniacal laughter here)

Tybault Windsor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

How exactly does this work with Tri-force in particular?

Let's say: Corki with Tri-force and Hurricane launches a missile and auto-attacks. What happens?

ReluctantFantasy

11-14-2012

This already puts ranged AD like way over the top I dont understand why this item is being released... Kog maw is already really hard to deal with in real games and this is just scary I dont even want to think about what is going to happen...like in 2 seconds my whole team will get wiped

I am going to quote this when this item is released and is the #1 item for ranged ads making them extremely overpowered. And I will be here to tell you.. I told you so

Pedja11

11-14-2012

All hail supreme overlord Xyperos

General Treble

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmurderer View Post
Wait, so it applies on-hit... but doesn't apply Vayne's on hit. That's confusing.
Yeah, that's kinda silly.. but I can see why they'd do it. Vayne would be far too OP early game with this item if you could just go zerkers - zeal - hurricane and end an entire teams mid game

Skaithak

11-14-2012

Will this bring back chain-stunning Kennen? AoE marking from W?

What about Orianna's passive, would it apply the extra damage from there?

And just for fun, could you grab this + Lich Bane on Lux and proc your passive that way?

Fronslin

11-14-2012

one more thing, Will we be able to proc this on/off?

It would become hard to last hit, leading to lanes getting pushed making this only a late game item

Requizen

11-14-2012

Some quick questions Xyph:

What is the "cleave range" on Hurricane? Do they have to be relatively close to one another?

What is the build path and/or cost of this?

60% AS is nice, but do you really think it's useful for an ADC to have an item that does not give AD or Crit? 60% is nothing to sneeze at, but for that to be the only stat (aside from the passive, of course) on the item makes it hard to justify taking up a slot over something that gives more stats or "bigger" stats (like IE).

Lithorendale

11-14-2012

This item applies the full effect of on hits, does this include item on hits such as Wits end and Malady?

Then I have a few questions about the item as a strategy in the game.

1) Will it prioritize champions over minions? If so, would it be a viable purchase as an attempt to push your laning opponent and their support out by applying constant harass to both of them?

2) When would you recommend buying it Xypherous? Is it a mid game item to add damage in team fights, and wouldn't purchasing it early cause you to push your lane leaving you vulnerable for jungle ganks?

3) Is there any reason why you wouldn't add this to your build in the end of the game as an AD carry *IF* your team doesn't have decent AoE damage out put from other sources?

Ps. I absolutely love your item updates.

sirplayalot11

11-14-2012

How big is the 'splash' going to be for this item?

EDIT: Range that is