Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaikoGekido

11-15-2012

Does Hurricane interact with Volibear's Ultimate?

"Active: For the next 12 seconds, Volibear's autoattacks will blast his target with lightning that will also bounce to up to 3 nearby enemies. Each bolt of lightning will deal magic damage and will only hit each target once."

EDIT: ****... "(Ranged Only)" <--- what is this? Is this a new passive type that's going to show up on more items?

Longshot405

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Xypherous, you say that having the extra bolts will make passive abilities that count attacks include these attack (ie. Caitlyn and Kennen).

My questions are:

1) Using" Headshot" (Caitlyn's passive) as an example: When you make the headshot attack, will the extra bolts increase her passive count immediately? Or will they start counting on the next auto attack?

In other words, when using "headshot," will I have 2 stacks of my passive after the attack, or will I be at 0?

2) I think I already know the answer to this, but: If I am one stack of "headshot" away from getting the proc, will the bolts add to the proc before my primary attack (so i get the attack despite not having full stacks) or will they count after my main attack (capping my stacks and getting the effect on the next attack)?

LeFondler

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm pretty sure Teemo's Poison is just too strong on live at the moment overall, even against single targets.

But let's take a step back and think about Teemo for a second. What would you call a character with lots of AP that deals magic damage to multiple people in a team fight..?

I would call that a Sustained DPS Mage - which I think is kind of a neat way for Teemo to branch out.
...are you kidding me. Teemo already got nerfed with the DFG nerf, AP teemo isnt nearly as viable or good anymore.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

This thread made me want Schwarma

Qutse

11-15-2012

I think this item might end up being a little bit of a low skill trap.

The thought process? Some people don't always precisely pick their targets, but this item makes it so you get at least 50% of your damage on the right target if they are in range in a lot of situations. It may make some players more effective simply because it auto-targets squishes that they should have been targeting in the first place. I feel like some people may get sucked into that. Like, "hey this item is really effective" because they are targeting tanks, and splashing 50% damage on the right target is better then having more damage with a phantom dancer and putting it all on the wrong target. I think.

Not saying it is a bad item. I am saying I expect it to be more popular with people that have trouble getting on a good target because they will naturally get more out of it.

IanTheRed

11-15-2012

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Teemo's Poison is just too strong on live at the moment overall, even against single targets.

Make Teemo shrooms last 3 minutes, not 10, since they are free wards. Or make Shaco boxes and Maokai saplings last longer.

DeanKeaton259

11-15-2012

Quote:

But let's take a step back and think about Teemo for a second. What would you call a character with lots of AP that deals magic damage to multiple people in a team fight..?

I would call that a Sustained DPS Mage - which I think is kind of a neat way for Teemo to branch out.
Good, I hope you nerf Teemo. He's not overpowered, but he forces a boring passive laning phase where the optimal way to play is to just never fight him and free farm until you outscale him.

He out trades everyone in lane simply by maxing toxic shot and stacking mr/armor (whichever is appropriate). If you're melee and you try to gap close on him, he just blinds you and uses move quick to run away shooting you with more poison in the process.

Honestly, I think if you removed the blind on his q, that would be enough to make him balanced for laning. Think about Corki and Ezreal. They both had extra effects on their q and w respectively. Both of these added effects were deemed to be overpowered and were removed from the game.

Teemo needs the same treatment here. If you removed his blind, then he now has a weakness and some actual counterplay. He'd still be good at kiting because of of his movement speed and his poison, but gap closers and melee would actually be able to lane against him now.

Though I think his poison is strong, I don't think nerfing it would be the real answer. I think just removing his blind would be a lot more beneficial for game health and would keep Teemo lovers and haters both happy. The combination of a blind and his movement speed burst is too strong and discourages melee champs from ever fighting him in lane. I think this is a prime example of a mechanic with no counter play.

PositiveRealist

11-15-2012

Don't nerf Teemo. He's unique and doesn't even see much play.

Arollo

11-15-2012

Quote:

I'm actually of the opinion that if you look at a build, you can clearly see what the tradeoff is and what their strengths and weaknesses are. IE/PD/BT is an expensive single target focused build. The problem with IE/PD/BT at the moment is that it's also simultaneously, the strongest defensive build because of the huge amount of MS that PD offers.

There's nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT being - I want to obliterate one person. Which is why any additional options for build paths have to be obvious as to what their strengths and weaknesses are.

A Ghostblade / LW / BT / Ar Pen build for example, with the Ar Pen changes - has incredible armor ignoring capabilities at the expense of raw damage to targets with low armor and high health.

More options doesn't mean 'more options to get to the same destination of some magical amount of AD/Crit/AS but rather 'more ways to branch out to reach different end-goals (Armor Pierce versus Raw damage, Flexibility of Build versus Power, Mobility versus Damage)' or in the case of Hurricane, Multi-Target damage versus Single-Target damage.
Wasn't Xeraths original idea to be a sustained (artillery designed) damage mage?

Sneaky Uncle Tom

11-15-2012

Xypherous, since there are quite a few Items being added, modified, or removed (and all of them being in entirely different posts (with 20-30+ responses from you in each of them about the item)), would it be possible to have a "Summary" post that just has a quick snippet of each item, for instance

Item Name Here
Stats here
Item builds into X
X's stats
Link to item + X here (ie. tear + seph).

Current Item name - What is happening to it.
FoN - Removed. Replacement - Spirit Visage
or
Elixer of Agility - Removed.
Replacement - None
Dust sweeping post here.

Just a thought that would make forum browsing easier. Centralize all the data and such and make navigation to the other threads easier (And make this specific thread a sticky and lock it so there isnt question spamming in that thread, but in the specific threads relating to the items and so people dont have to go digging everytime they want to see a specific thread).
Simply put, would allow for a quick glance at upcoming content and if the person is interested they can click the specific post for more info directly related to that item/change.