Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jnoose

11-15-2012

Thanks IonDragonX!

fredblaze01

11-15-2012

AP varus

cait

grave

AD tf

are happy with these change omg can't wait to play ap varus mid!!!

Junahi

11-15-2012

Could there be ON/OFF mechanic in this item? It would really suck if you didn't want to push lane...

Skyhawke

11-15-2012

Hey Xypherous, maybe I interpreted this wrong but can you explain the design decision to retain the hurricane effects on Orianna when it seems like it causes the same problem that it causes for Vayne? Is it because Vayne's Silver Bolts are just more iconic and important?

Not a QQ post, just curiosity from a wannabe designer.

kirarising

11-15-2012

first: Im asuming from the way it seems to work this will synergize very well with ionic spark *my favorite attack speed item ever*

second: I think bonus dmg from on hit effects should work with spell vamp or lifesteal. Such as my atsp kog uses gunblade, ionic spark, bloodrazor, and wits end but loses alot of potential health gain becouse neither the lifesteal or spell vamp seem to work on the on hits.

third: i think all of the good attack speed items have had a trend of having hybrid tanky stats *this is why malady and nashors are rarly seen (screw teemo)* why do you think this item will be different.

TheNobleGas

11-15-2012

why is everyone all worried about how op teemo might be? Morello said he was removing him from the game anyway for season 3....

Hue.

Myrdraalx

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm actually of the opinion that if you look at a build, you can clearly see what the tradeoff is and what their strengths and weaknesses are.

More options doesn't mean 'more options to get to the same destination of some magical amount of AD/Crit/AS but rather 'more ways to branch out to reach different end-goals (Armor Pierce versus Raw damage, Flexibility of Build versus Power, Mobility versus Damage)' or in the case of Hurricane, Multi-Target damage versus Single-Target damage.
In every game I played where you could build characters, I have always been fond of trying to customize in new ways and make the character mine, adapted to my own playstyle goals. I have never been a fan of cookie cutter builds and set ideas on how I should be playing my character. I think that if you pick a role and fill it well, no one has anything to say about "how" you did it. Thinking outside the box can not only confuse yoru ennemies, but also develop new tricsk and strategies. I can't wait to see what you're cooking up with the items.

Pseudodragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Xypherous, I have a question about Kayle. When you say Hurricane doesn't work with Kayle's E, do you mean that the damage isn't proc'd, or that Hurricane isn't active at all on her? I've love to apply Kayle's passive to three targets (% pen), plus on-hit Kayle is a very fun build. I wouldn't mind terribly if the damage from E wasn't included in the Hurricane proc, but I would be a sad Kayle if the item wasn't active on her at all. Thanks.

theGagne

11-15-2012

Madreds...
Ionic Spark...

Incoming ranged AS junglers? Jungle twitch just got scarier. Of course item cost may make this a non-option.

Myrdraalx

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudodragon View Post
Xypherous, I have a question about Kayle. When you say Hurricane doesn't work with Kayle's E, do you mean that the damage isn't proc'd, or that Hurricane isn't active at all on her? I've love to apply Kayle's passive to three targets (% pen), plus on-hit Kayle is a very fun build. I wouldn't mind terribly if the damage from E wasn't included in the Hurricane proc, but I would be a sad Kayle if the item wasn't active on her at all. Thanks.
It's a ranged item and Kayle is a melee char as far as I know. Her ability increases her melee range; it doesn't make her a range attacker.