Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Item Preview – The Storm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasdrovia499

11-15-2012

The main question about this item is : what do you give up if you want to build it ?
Obviously, Last Whisper end game is still a must have. You also need some form of lifesteal (BT), boots and probably one defensive item. This leaves 2 slots open, usually taken by Trinity and/or IE+PD... I'm really not sure if it would be worth it, it seems more like an item for on-hits such as Teemo, Kayle, and some niche picks.
Btw, does it apply lifesteal on all 3 hits ?

Xyltin

11-15-2012

Quote:
Isterio:
@ Xypherous

Graves getting his full passive stacks within 4 AA and pressing Quickdraw every 1.5 seconds (twice within 3 seconds)

Calculated: With a blue buff you have a 11,2 CD on Quickdraw let´s say you build this item and press Quickdraw+ a Nunu in your team 2,5 AS reached at level 12. You AA 5 times within 2 seconds makes 15 secs CDR on Quickdraw. Doesn´t that push him over the Edge????

Graves our new Ezrael? He has already more AOE but now make him slippery too?

Think about it, hope this thread will be read. Not saying it´s OP but it has the potential to get abused.

Graves doesn't get his passive up with AA, but per sec he is in a fight.

About the quick draw:
His wording is actually not the one of an on hit effect, so it shouldn't work with it.

Quote:
Using autoattacks on enemy units, but not structures, lowers the cooldown of Quickdraw by 1 second each autoattack.
It is actually worded similar to Lulu's passice (which doesn't get triggered extra).
Why? Xyph said it was cause Lulu's passive gets triggered when she attacks and not when she hits.
If we use the words of Quickdraw, it also triggers when you fire, and not when you hit.
It may be coded like an AA, but in terms of game rules, the wording is moer important than the code, and the code hsa to be changed. If not, they have to make a ptach where they change the wording (and they need to write it into the notes).

Xyltin

11-15-2012

Quote:
Nasdrovia499:
The main question about this item is : what do you give up if you want to build it ?
Obviously, Last Whisper end game is still a must have. You also need some form of lifesteal (BT), boots and probably one defensive item. This leaves 2 slots open, usually taken by Trinity and/or IE+PD... I'm really not sure if it would be worth it, it seems more like an item for on-hits such as Teemo, Kayle, and some niche picks.
Btw, does it apply lifesteal on all 3 hits ?

PD gets nerfed (and the costs reduced a bit). That means you won't reach an as strong late game build with the new PD.
So the slot strength of Hurricane could be way better, especially late game (and especially for Kog and even more when he tries out the new on hit builds).

Bhargo

11-15-2012

Dear god, because carries needed to do more damage.

AbominableToast

11-15-2012

I could see some really interesting builds coming from this

For instance taking a strong top lane AD, or run an AD mid as a counter then you could have a more supporting Ranged AD.

For instance, Kog'Maw taking the new Black Cleaver and Hurricane, perhaps Malady too, and his new role is too shred as much resistances across the enemy team.

I am excited because there is going to be a lot of different options now, and different ways to how it could play out.

Razeful

11-15-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:
Quote:
Righteous Fury

Now that I think about it - this doesn't, mostly because Kayle is this instant autoattack thing that gets really desync'ed with actual Hurricane shots.

So Kayle gets the short end of the stick.

In regards of Tiamat she is ranged when E is active but Hurricane won't work with E active because her attacks are instant.

Doesn't sound fair.

Either Tiamat or Hurricane have to work with the E active

Finanzamt

11-15-2012

Sounds neat!

Greetings

Samflash3

11-15-2012

Quote:
Xypherous:

Life Steal does proc off the extra shots, as life steal works on anything that is applies on-hit effects.

Does this mean that lifesteal work on magc DPS?

Samflash3

11-15-2012

I know that no character officially fills the role of an AP DPS. But there are a few who can be classified under Magic DPS. E.g Varus, Miss fortune, Tristana, Kassadin, Diana, Teemo, DRAAAVEN(does it all with style), Orianna, Sona, jax, Kayle, Kogmaw, Lulu, Warwick, maybe TF AND Ziggs.

FrostyPuff

11-15-2012

Interesting. Even though I play Ez a lot, I do enjoy the idea of seeing Ashe in my ranked games again. I do enjoy playing her.