Item Preview – The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Get Swoll Son

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophioneus View Post
I may assume that this item's passive was designed originally to complement Tiamat's one.

If this item gets through, having Teemo's Toxic Shot to be a toggle with some mana consumption like Ashe's Frost Arrow would be pretty neat and reasonably balanced.
It would make Teemo pointless.

Amarathval

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

must buy for Onhit builds like Teemo/Kog?

LtEarthworm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Graves procing Quickdraw cooldown with hurricane?
Gonna split push all day.
Might be good with the new Manamune and it's upgrade (ALL THE QUICKDRAWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Phage checks each time. The bolts will trigger all the secondary effects like Warden's Mail and Thornmail - so if you suspect the opposing carry is going Hurricane - you may want to scatter one or two "revenge" style passives in your item build across your team.
I LOVE the counter play there. S3 items are getting me really pumped.

Edit:
Quote:
No - Attacking turrets would draw aggro if there was a champion nearby, so attacking turrets doesn't trigger Hurricane.
Nevermind

CrazyGoNuts

11-14-2012

Xypherous -
Why do you think this item will be useful when Tiamat is so useless? It has all the same problems that Tiamat did - namely, if people don't bunch up very close then its worthless, and giving up any single target killing power for tiny amounts of AOE power is a terrible tradeoff for an AD carry.

Professor Dash

11-14-2012

Quote:
Oh yes, Lux should detonate her passive on multiple enemies that have it - but Hurricane would be awful on her. XD
Xypherous obviously knows nothing about the power of AD Lux.

http://puu.sh/1g9bu

^For reference. AD jungle smiteless Lux, with an AD brand and AP skarner mid with smite.

Team decided after the game started to "**** it, lets have fun with it" after poor communication in team select.

MalĂ­ce

Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Right now, it would.

Although, I suppose if you read Frost Shot directly, it does say X mana per Attack, not X mana per Hit. Might be worth revisiting.
What if it only used half the normal mana cost for the full slow or no mana for half the slow?

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Quote:
I'm actually of the opinion that if you look at a build, you can clearly see what the tradeoff is and what their strengths and weaknesses are. IE/PD/BT is an expensive single target focused build. The problem with IE/PD/BT at the moment is that it's also simultaneously, the strongest defensive build because of the huge amount of MS that PD offers.

There's nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT being - I want to obliterate one person. Which is why any additional options for build paths have to be obvious as to what their strengths and weaknesses are.

A Ghostblade / LW / BT / Ar Pen build for example, with the Ar Pen changes - has incredible armor ignoring capabilities at the expense of raw damage to targets with low armor and high health.

More options doesn't mean 'more options to get to the same destination of some magical amount of AD/Crit/AS but rather 'more ways to branch out to reach different end-goals (Armor Pierce versus Raw damage, Flexibility of Build versus Power, Mobility versus Damage)' or in the case of Hurricane, Multi-Target damage versus Single-Target damage.
Xypherous, the issue is that with the current power of Crit, all other Ranged AD builds are pointless.

Crit is simply better overall-- in every situation, a Crit build has the ability to perform better than any other Ranged AD build.

So, look at the effect of a Hurricane AoE build versus a single target crit build:

1. Moderate damage to three targets, 15 seconds to kill all of them.
2. Tons of damage to a single target, 15 seconds to kill three targets.

Balanced? Nope.

Why?

#2 is 5 seconds for each target, removing that champion from the game-- kills in series remove opposition faster than kills in parallel, given the same total damage and amount of targets.

Secondly, it allows better positioning by being able to kill someone then immediately withdraw, rather than needing to maintain continuous fire keeping all three targets in range for the full 15 seconds.

So basically, as long as single-target tons of Crit grants such huge returns, it excludes all other builds from the game.

BMZieg

11-14-2012

This is cool, are we going to get any items that benefit "true" ad casters though? Like Pantheon and Talon, who are pretty much useless right now?

Sylvr

11-14-2012

Toxic Shot doesn't cost mana, and scales with AS instead of CDR, which I would say is more generous. Besides that, Hurricane will also synergize with every other item that on-hit Teemo already builds, and most items that AP Teemo builds.

The question is whether they're going to balance Teemo around Hurricane, or Hurricane around Teemo... cause I'm pretty sure this item is going to be 100% core on him no matter what.

Grifal

11-14-2012

This item wouldn't really be appealing to ranged ADs as it would just push the lane (similar problem as tristana's E). I think if the passive was made to be a toggle, then this maybe could become a potential buy.