Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thor2

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull2 View Post
How does it interact with LIFESTEAL?

Because I could see 2x the normal lifesteal being... problematic.
Go read previews post of xyph

NaranjaSpencer

11-14-2012

Can the extra bolts hit something you can't see like... a jungle monster on the other side of a wall while you're chasing down a champion?

Super Explosion

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I see nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT trinity being core on a lot of carries. It's a simple, powerful and very effective play style that solidly states that you are focused on dealing as much single target damage. Just because it's popular, doesn't mean it's bad (outside of the fact that PD makes you super fast, negating the need for defensive options a lot of the times.)
The problem with it is that you must build it as a Ranged AD to play optimally.

If the IE-PD combo remains as powerful as it is now, Hurricane would just be a wasted design, because Ranged AD should basically always be building IE-PD.

The other problem of IE-PD is that it makes Melee AD and Assassins (to a degree) worthless when it can be built extremely well on Ranged AD.

Range is a Strictly Better advantage for a squishy AD carry, like taplands versus shocklands in MTG.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Cait's passive now triggers faster with this item?

Holy **** she's actually better now with this item. O.o

Not how I'd fix her as it just gives her more power, but bravo.

Hoxley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Will be tight

IS131c7cb285e774

11-14-2012

I may assume that this item's passive was designed originally to complement Tiamat's one.

If this item gets through, having Teemo's Toxic Shot to be a toggle with some mana consumption like Ashe's Frost Arrow would be pretty neat and reasonably balanced.

Drekalo

11-14-2012

I can see Hurricane, BoRK, BC, Zerks, BT + 1 final item being a really strong aoe build for any range champion. The fact that each of the invidivudal champions have their own interesting interactions that can really make it shine is awesome. BoRK interaction and the fact that Hurricane doubles the effect of lifesteal makes you quite resilient - that last item would probably be Frozen Mallet.

MagikShot

11-14-2012

can you tell us the price of the item?

Rozsudek

11-14-2012

Great, I can beat up Crocodile with this!

Get Swoll Son

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecksee View Post
It is incredibly lame that this item does not work with Kayle's Righteous Fury. There is nothing in any of the working on Kayle's tooltip or the item tooltip to lead me to believe that it wouldn't work and deal essentially triple AOE damage. Additionally it will not be entirely obvious to players that it is not working since Kayle is already doing AOE damage (just not as much as they would expect).

Riot has said in the past that their core design philosophy was an intuitive game that is easy to pick up and learn. Item's like this seem to add a huge burden of knowledge for your player base. A player just starting to learn this game is already quickly going to become overwhelmed by the fact that there are over a 100 champions. I think Riot employees need to take a step back and realize that not all players have been playing for 3 years and already understand all these different types of champion/item interactions. Perhaps it could be because all your designers, testers and balancer's are all high level players that you can quickly lose focus of the fact that 95% of the LoL community is much less sophisticated in their knowledge of this game.
Kayle is likely to benefit the most of any champ from this item. She can debuff multiple targets with her passive now, and Guinsoos, Frozen Mallet and this item, with a vamp sceptre, has to be one of the most cost-effective and devastating builds possible. If she doesn't wreck top already, she will now.