Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lightvein

11-14-2012

You've mentioned in this thread several times that MS needed to be removed from PD because it was too good of a defensive item for AD carries whilst also being a fantastic Offensive item.

However, the mobility creep League is experiencing might lead to ADCs suffering more than you had intended--especially those outside the Holy Trinity. Without a dash/flash/blink mechanic built in and without adequate MS to kite the ever-growing amount of gap-closing champions, are you suggesting carries try and go toe to toe with their bruiser opponents and rely only on armor/health to survive?

Just curious on what your thoughts are on this. Maybe you've even created an item to deal with it already and it just hasn't been previewed yet.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm actually of the opinion that if you look at a build, you can clearly see what the tradeoff is and what their strengths and weaknesses are. IE/PD/BT is an expensive single target focused build. The problem with IE/PD/BT at the moment is that it's also simultaneously, the strongest defensive build because of the huge amount of MS that PD offers.

There's nothing wrong with IE/PD/BT being - I want to obliterate one person. Which is why any additional options for build paths have to be obvious as to what their strengths and weaknesses are.

A Ghostblade / LW / BT / Ar Pen build for example, with the Ar Pen changes - has incredible armor ignoring capabilities at the expense of raw damage to targets with low armor and high health.

More options doesn't mean 'more options to get to the same destination of some magical amount of AD/Crit/AS but rather 'more ways to branch out to reach different end-goals (Armor Pierce versus Raw damage, Flexibility of Build versus Power, Mobility versus Damage)' or in the case of Hurricane, Multi-Target damage versus Single-Target damage.
I understand that, my worry is just that it sounds sometimes like IE/PD/BT/LW will still be overall the most powerful combo you can and should build 90% of the time like it is currently with other builds like multi-target, on-hit and super armor-pen just being there for something different to try rather than being real viable alternatives depending on how you want to play. If this isn't the case then i'm excited and very happy.

Also I absolutely adore the synergies you've made between items like Black Cleaver and Tiamat/Hurricane. This is amazing and as someone who has felt that itemization has been in a real poor spot for over a year now I desperately can't wait for these items to come out!

Rippyman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bro View Post
why has noone pointed out how overpowered this will be on adc's?
ok, you got me for a second.

inQuest

11-14-2012

Quote:
Twitch's passive applies to every autoattack he makes and thus Hurricane's passive will apply Twitch's Poison.

Similarly with Teemo.

Actually, let me just run down the list of ranged champions, that might be faster:

Ashe: Frost arrow works, as it applies to every autoattack.

Caitlyn: Headshot charges faster because it applies to every autoattack but she still only fires one empowered headshot per attack when she has it ready.

Corki: Passive works, as it applies to every autoattack.

Draven: Q and Passive both don't work, as they don't apply to every autoattack. The passive requires the attack to critically strike which Hurricane bolts can't.

Ezreal: Has no on-hit effects.

Graves: E is an on-hit effect and thus E's cooldown will shorten each time he hits something with a Hurricane bolt.

Jayce: Jayce's passives will only apply to his primary target, as it is a attack modifier that only applies once.

Kayle: Doesn't work - but that's mostly due to the fact that her autoattack is an instant attack and thus the AoE field doesn't really make a whole lot of sense coming from the secondary bolts. I'll probably have to work on this one.

Kennen: 'W' charges faster as that applies to every autoattack - but the actual empowered shuriken only affects one additional target as that applies only once.

Kog'Maw: 'W' applies to each target hit, currently.

Lulu: Zero interactions

Miss Fortune: 'W' will stack up and apply grievous wounds to everyone hit by Hurricane Shots, as they apply to all her autoattack in a short duration.

Orianna: Orianna's passive applies to everyone hit - although she will never be able to make 'consecutive' attacks against the same target due to hitting multiple people at a time.

Sivir: Sivir's 'W' does not work with Hurricane, as it is an attack enhancer that only triggers once.

Sona; Power chord does not work with Hurricane, as it is an attack enhancer that only triggers once.

Teemo: Toxic shot will work on Hurricane bolts, as it toxic shot applies to every autoattack.

Tristanna: Explosive shot will work on Hurricane bolts, as it is a passive that applies to every autoattack.

Twitch: Twitch's posion will work on Hurricane bolts, as it is a passive applies to every autoattack.

Twisted Fate: Neither Pick a Card or Stacked Deck will work with Hurricane, as they are passives that apply to one autoattack. Stacked Deck will however, charge much more quickly as the charging happens every autoattack.

Urgot: Urgot's passive will work on Hurricane bolts, as it is a passive that applies to every autoattack.

Varus: Blighted Quiver will work on Hurricne bolts, as it is a passive that applies to every autoattack.

Vayne: Vayne's Silver Bolts are specially coded to not work with Hurricane, as if silver bolts did work with Hurricane, she would never get a Silver Bolts proc ever again. (Because Silver Bolts has a consecutive target restriction.)

Ziggs: ZIgg's Passive will not work on Hurricane bolts, as it is an attack enhancer that only affects one autoattack.
Corki: We talk of 30% of his attack damage as true damage. With 200 AD he does 180 true damage on 3 attacks.

Graves: On late game maybe he's a pema E. With 1.5 AA per second he will 24 AA and he could stack bonus of E.

Restriction on cooldown reduction on E is a good suggestion.

Teemo: With 1.5 AA per seconds. 315 (+210% AP) Magic Damage per second.

Twitch: 24 True Damage per second, per stack.

Leblonjames

11-14-2012

Quote:
Twitch's passive applies to every autoattack he makes and thus Hurricane's passive will apply Twitch's Poison.

Similarly with Teemo.

Actually, let me just run down the list of ranged champions, that might be faster:

Ashe: Frost arrow works, as it applies to every autoattack.

Caitlyn: Headshot charges faster because it applies to every autoattack but she still only fires one empowered headshot per attack when she has it ready.

Corki: Passive works, as it applies to every autoattack.

Draven: Q and Passive both don't work, as they don't apply to every autoattack. The passive requires the attack to critically strike which Hurricane bolts can't.

Ezreal: Has no on-hit effects.

Graves: E is an on-hit effect and thus E's cooldown will shorten each time he hits something with a Hurricane bolt.

Jayce: Jayce's passives will only apply to his primary target, as it is a attack modifier that only applies once.

Kayle: Doesn't work - but that's mostly due to the fact that her autoattack is an instant attack and thus the AoE field doesn't really make a whole lot of sense coming from the secondary bolts. I'll probably have to work on this one.

Kennen: 'W' charges faster as that applies to every autoattack - but the actual empowered shuriken only affects one additional target as that applies only once.

Kog'Maw: 'W' applies to each target hit, currently.

Lulu: Zero interactions

Miss Fortune: 'W' will stack up and apply grievous wounds to everyone hit by Hurricane Shots, as they apply to all her autoattack in a short duration.

Orianna: Orianna's passive applies to everyone hit - although she will never be able to make 'consecutive' attacks against the same target due to hitting multiple people at a time.

Sivir: Sivir's 'W' does not work with Hurricane, as it is an attack enhancer that only triggers once.

Sona; Power chord does not work with Hurricane, as it is an attack enhancer that only triggers once.

Teemo: Toxic shot will work on Hurricane bolts, as it toxic shot applies to every autoattack.

Tristanna: Explosive shot will work on Hurricane bolts, as it is a passive that applies to every autoattack.

Twitch: Twitch's posion will work on Hurricane bolts, as it is a passive applies to every autoattack.

Twisted Fate: Neither Pick a Card or Stacked Deck will work with Hurricane, as they are passives that apply to one autoattack. Stacked Deck will however, charge much more quickly as the charging happens every autoattack.

Urgot: Urgot's passive will work on Hurricane bolts, as it is a passive that applies to every autoattack.

Varus: Blighted Quiver will work on Hurricne bolts, as it is a passive that applies to every autoattack.

Vayne: Vayne's Silver Bolts are specially coded to not work with Hurricane, as if silver bolts did work with Hurricane, she would never get a Silver Bolts proc ever again. (Because Silver Bolts has a consecutive target restriction.)

Ziggs: ZIgg's Passive will not work on Hurricane bolts, as it is an attack enhancer that only affects one autoattack.
i hate this item,

it does nothing on MANY champ and it will broken on 5-6 champ.

Esarius

11-14-2012

Calling it now: Item is ****ing broken. And not in the bad way.

Tempestphile

11-14-2012

I can see at least 20 things that hurricane will not be OP if it did not apply on-hit effect

Roxxs

11-14-2012

One question I have is if you attack single unit does the bolts activate and hit them and deal mass damage?

Illegal Doctor

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha quail View Post
Oh god, ap varus swam incoming.
Naw, but farming just got a whole lot easier.

Rippyman

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leblonjames View Post
i hate this item,

it does nothing on MANY champ and it will broken on 5-6 champ.
No, it just doesn't have a super obvious synergy with every carry. It's not like a carry without a sustained on-hit will never have a need for AoE damage. Would it be the end of the ****ing world if there was an item that was core on Caitlyn that was only situational on Vayne?