Item Preview The Storm

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quenton

11-14-2012

Looks fun, but I have some concerns as to whether it would be worth it for AD carries (even the ones that synergize with it) to buy it. 60% Attack speed is pretty epic, but most AD carries get their damage from crits, not flat out Attack Damage, and I don't know if that would be worth the loss of crit you take by choosing Hurricane over something like PD.

Basically, in internal testing, is it worth it?

EDIT: Although, I guess it doesn't have to cater to your basic AD carry. With Onhit Builds getting a buff, this could turn into a really fun item in those. And I could see where it'd be worth it for caitlyn. Or AP varus. Or AP Teemo, if it applies the poison. But to make it work with AD carries you sacrifice raw single target damage for AOE effect, which while it is something I want to be viable and see happen, it seems that it would gimp your team by not having that raw single target damage that is so ingrained in the meta right now.

So really, I like the item, but I don't know whether it truly is a ranged ADC item or not.

Zalden1

11-14-2012

Is this the "But wait! Im a Ranged Carry type of player. What do I get in order to do AoE damage? Stay Tuned." thing you were talking about? I am hoping it is not because then I don't think this would work with my Kayle build.

In case you want to know, the Kayle build that I use is found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjIvz...feature=relmfu

Outsideheaven

11-14-2012

Not sure if anyone asked, but what about Kog'Maw's Bio-Arcane Barrage?

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvr View Post
You mention it reducing the CD on Quickdraw for Graves. Will it work on similar effects such as Skarner's passive, and perhaps Xin's Q?
This item is ranged only, the passives get shut off if you're melee, Xyph already explained how mechanics like this work in the Tiamat thread.

ManicPhilosopher

11-14-2012

I absolutely love the HUGE Varus buff. But now Riot's gonna have no choice but to do something about him, lol.

Delta Sniper

11-14-2012

Why Why would you not proc vayne silver bolts total hyper carry in the making.

IS19adfb83ca3237f8f8fa6

11-14-2012

Teemo is now useful in teamfight.

starbringer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Can you make this a toggled ability? for when you don't want to push a lane for example.

Xpyder

11-14-2012

Hybrid Teemo = Hurray!!! Me poison everyone!!!
Kog'maw = Hurray!!! Death to all!!!

what about frozen mallet? will it apply to everyone or just the primary target? can we discuss about frozen mallet being melee only please?
And what about sheen proc?

GenericallyNamed

11-14-2012

Graves sounds broken with perma aspd buff.

Now the usual AoE attack question. Will the additional hits trigger when attacking a tower?

Do the side attacks lifesteal?

Will enemy defense proc be triggered (Warden, Thorn, etc)?