Playing Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brugg

07-20-2012

Today I was playing support Nunu in a 5v5 (which was a 4v5 since our Rumble was d/c the entire game). We were doing really well when suddenly our Tristana and Lee Sin suddenly though they were freaking invincible. Three times Lee Sin chased a toon into a 4v1 battle and then died while the Tristana and I were getting closer. Despite the fact it would be a 2v4, the Tristana decided every time it would be in her best interest to rocket jump into the fray while I wasn't even there because I decided it was a bad position.

We ended up losing but that's not the point. After the game, I got chewed out because I am " THE TANK. THAT'S YOUR JOB TO RUN IN AND DIE!" and was reported.

So my question is: Do you think that being the tank really justifies initiating 2v4? I've played (and won) many a game with support Nunu playing the way I do, and never had my **** tore open that badly before.

Thanks

-Griff

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Don't care about those little raging kids

powwder

07-20-2012

nunu isn;t really a tank....hes more of a buffbot late game and really good at counter initiating but thats about it...he is tanky though

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Support Nunu isn't a tank.

notdatazn

07-20-2012

Whenever I go top lane or support with Nunu, my team always think that I'm the Tank and they get really pissed off when they find out I'm not.

Brugg

07-20-2012

Yeah support Nunu is more of an off-tank, but the point is that my team got butthurt because I didn't wanna initiate 2v4.

Oh well.

XCodes

07-21-2012

First off, Support Nunu isn't a tank, as has been said, although he *can* play a nice bruiser with his AS/MS debuff and personal AS/MS buff. Built that way, he eats carries for breakfast, lunch, *and* dinner.

Secondly, yes, it's the Tank's job to initiate. It is also completely up to the tank whether or not to initiate at all. If you go in before your tank and die, then that's your **** up, not the tank's.

In that situation, your last champ was probably an AP Mid, which would likely mean that Lee Sin is the tank, and it's Lee Sin's job to initiate properly. That said, when your tank is derping around like that, there's not much you can do.

Jonizhere

07-21-2012

Support nunu FTW, while i too play support nunu i notify my team if they want to initiate enemies bait them to were i would hide in bushes because lets face it a nunu's ult works better in the bush. Plus don't mind the kids who are stupid just to jump in a pack of champs.

XCodes

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonizhere View Post
Support nunu FTW, while i too play support nunu i notify my team if they want to initiate enemies bait them to were i would hide in bushes because lets face it a nunu's ult works better in the bush. Plus don't mind the kids who are stupid just to jump in a pack of champs.
Even with recent buffs, I think I prefer Nunu as a bruiser, using his Ult as a global taunt/AoE slow.

NightmareAce

11-14-2012

support nunu ain't tank unless he gets randuin's by late game. jungler nunu is more of a tanky ish by midgame once you get frozen heart. it's all a matter of where you are in your item builds during teamfights! but in the natural sense, no. nunu is no tank aside from top extra hp/per lvl.