The Art of Que Dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lord Kirby

11-14-2012

Pre-Season 3 has begun and the placement matches have started. A lot of people are either being sent to the slums of LoL or risen to the LoL heavens. I've started at 3-1 and if I hadn't used my ability to que dodge, I'd probably be 3-7. I have criteria that must be met for me to proceed with a game, and it goes as follows:

1. Everyone must be communicating in a friendly manner.
2. No instalocks
3. No randoms or AFK's
4. No ignoring the team while we talk.
5. And must have a WILLING support that takes the role serious.

Of course there is no way to for sure dodge playing a 4v5 or Glutton Bowl: LoL Edition. But you can do your best to estimate how the team will turn out and leave/stay.

I see alot of people saying "Make it to where a 4v5 doesn't cause elo loss for the team of 4."

There is a reason Riot made que dodging without elo penalty, so you can leave if you know it's going to suck.

Sure, you will still get feeders and leavers, but you can cut down on it alot.

Leave me your thoughts and opinions!

t0ad5

11-14-2012

Thumbs up for truth, however -

The options of:
1) lose
2) not be able to play

Is simply fail. Makes no sense that one cannot queue for other play types (dom, tt) because they got stuck with fail team and didnt want to lose.

Dodge mechanics need improvement.

DuhSwag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Agree, but like toad said they need to separate ranked queue and normals because it shouldn't affect eachothers dodge timer in the first place, if we can play customs with leaving timer it shouldn't hurt at all to separate the timers..

The Lord Kirby

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post

The options of:
1) lose
2) not be able to play

I completely agree, you should be able to play normals if you dodge a ranked. But this season I've told myself, if I am serious about getting gold or diamond, I gotta suck it up and not play sometimes.

Galivet

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post
Thumbs up for truth, however -

The options of:
1) lose
2) not be able to play

Is simply fail. Makes no sense that one cannot queue for other play types (dom, tt) because they got stuck with fail team and didnt want to lose.

"I didn't get mid. Oh well guess I'll just dodge and play a normal."

Imagine champ select after champ select where someone on your team makes that decision.

Imagine the trolling potential: Trolls and queue up, wait for the entire banning and champ select process to finish (take upwards of five minutes), then convince someone to dodge by trolling ("afk 20 minutes while I eat") or just dodge themselves.

Imaging it taking 45 minutes to get a game.

No thanks. The only way to avoid unlucky loses is not to play at all.