When and why to pick each ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ben Skywalker xD

11-14-2012

heh, jsut play your favorites. even if u counter yourself your loyal support will have no choice but to make up for it hahahahah

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

No Tristana?

SoWrules

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coom View Post
I know vaguely when I should pick which adc, but I'm not entirely confident with when I should be picking what. And I'm not just referring to bot lane comps, I'm talking about in reference to your whole team comp, and your enemy's.

So can we compile a list of what team comps and bot duos compliment and counter each adc

Ashe: if you have a good jungler
Caitlyn: To counter graves,kog, and for super early game stomping
Corki: To be OP. use him against any other ADC as long as its not caitlyn or draven.
Draven: The best of all AD carries.if you're good with him, pretty much a top pick. Use him when you have a good jungler/support to watch your back
Ezreal: when you're not sure you have a good team, or if you just want a uhh.. solid pick. just grab him
Graves: If you're good, Decimates everyone. can even fight a vayne. Take him when you're either facing an easy lane to snowball (kog, ashe) or if you want amazing killpower and teamfight potential
Kog Maw: Extremely dangerous to use. only take if you are CONFIDENT, you have a good support and jungler
Miss Fortune: Very good. and with her touch ups. even better. Take her if you need teamfight potential, also if you face corki,or ez as she can beat them easily. Requires someone to watch your back though.thanks to no escapes
Sivir: Take her to counter enemy CC., beats ez, don't be delusional though. her spellshield is not enough to just beat those champions. Also needs a good support or jungler.
Urgot: Don't use him at all. and if you have to, use him for early game domination and lategame ostracizing of the AD carry. If they choose kog or vayne? grab urgot and make their early game living hell. requires, as always, a good jungler. support isn't as needed as others.
Varus: Amazing. as long as you aren't facing caitlyn, this guy has a very good chance to win lanes. he's just underrated. give him a CC support, and a CC jungler and your team will wreck teamfights and laning phase alike.
Vayne: Take her for hyper carrying. Simple as that. Don't take her if you can't trust your support or jungler. and if you still wanna use her, you're going to have to turtle. very hard. Otherwise after that, any games that go on past 40 mins is over. because vayne will destroy everyone.
You forgot trist also. and do remember, that ashe is decidedly the weakeast ADcarry. She will most likely never win her lane on her own versus another AD carry with equal skill. She needs a jungler and support to stick by her. giving her the advantage. as she will stick with it.

SoWrules

11-14-2012

also at this moment, if you're under 1600 or 1500 or whatever. its only ezreals all day that rush trinity force. So technically, its extremely easy to win bottom.

TheGreatKraksby

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWrules View Post
You forgot trist also. and do remember, that ashe is decidedly the weakeast ADcarry. She will most likely never win her lane on her own versus another AD carry with equal skill. She needs a jungler and support to stick by her. giving her the advantage. as she will stick with it.
This is true. Ashe is weak, but given the opportunity to farm and maybe get a kill/assist early game will help her IMMENSELY. If a jungler can set Ashe up with a first blood then she can snowball from there. I've had trouble as Ashe, but nothing I couldn't farm my way out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWrules View Post
also at this moment, if you're under 1600 or 1500 or whatever. its only ezreals all day that rush trinity force. So technically, its extremely easy to win bottom.
Sounds like someone is mad, but honestly at these lower ELOs I see a LOT of Miss Fortune and Vayne to be honest with you. If I see a Vayne, I lock in Ez. idgaf, yolo, get on my lvl nob.

Also, I rush phage then get BT. you mad brah brah?

TifaLockheartFF7

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coom View Post
I know vaguely when I should pick which adc, but I'm not entirely confident with when I should be picking what. And I'm not just referring to bot lane comps, I'm talking about in reference to your whole team comp, and your enemy's.

So can we compile a list of what team comps and bot duos compliment and counter each adc

Ashe:
Caitlyn:
Corki:
Draven:
Ezreal:
Graves:
Kog Maw:
Miss Fortune:
Sivir:
Urgot:
Varus:
Vayne:
No Twitch??

I say play Ashe if your team is balanced, but you have no initiator. Her ult is a good way to put the other team in a bad spot just long enough for your team to give them the business. Her E can also help scout, so if you want to play safe, shes a good choice.

Draven is good if you want to do well early game. Pair him/Ez/Ashe with another global ult champ (like karth) and with skill you can kill a fleeing champ with 400+ hp no problem fairly early in the game. His Q makes it easy to last hit/harass for little mana cost if you can keep catching the axes. The thing about draven....strong early game, strong mid game, strong late game. He's Draven.

Ez is good for a team where you want to play safe and have several other champs with good pokes. Whittle them down, then go in for the fight once they're all already hurting. His early game is good too-if you can land his skill shots.

Caitlyn kinda same boat as Ez, except her poke will quickly drain her mana. Her range/passive makes her a good choice for ppl who are learning how to last hit. Pair her with blitz/voli, and throw a trap down whenever they grab someone. Pure. Evil.

I have little experience with the rest of the carrys, but I've heard urgot can counter a lot of AP champs mid? Someone care to check me on that??

Twitch I feel is an under rated carry. BUT-I'll admit that vs most other carrys, his early game is terrible. No escape if they are already hitting you. His only "poke", requires the use of two skills+auto attacks. Ultimate is unreliable. But if you have a really aggressive support partner with hard cc (prefer stuns), he can secure kills with his expunge at ranges other carrys pre-lvl 6 cant. Its a toss up with him though. If you get shut down in lane phase, your team isnt gonna have a carry for the rest of the game.

SOSBrigade

11-14-2012

Ashe: Annoying poke with her W, one of the best initiates in the game with her ultimate. Works exceptionally well in conjunction with junglers. Doesn't have any kill potential until IE. Great kiting ability and the slow helps peeling.

Caitlyn: Needs IE to do notable sustained dmg. Good for picking off from a safe distance. Her e can distance you from enemy champions with a gapcloser and slow them.

Corki: Use for high burst in lane, especially when vsing tanky people corki is way to go. Gaurenteed damage regardless of the stage of the game due to his passive granting bonus true dmg.

Draven: Essentially the highest burst of adc during initial stages of the game when both his axes are up. Always wins trade, but can fall off extremely hard if the lane gets camped. You basically force yourself to overextend since draven is all about sustained dmg, however arguably the best chasing ability of the adc past sivir's ult. If he catches an axe, it refreshes the skill which boosts his movement speed. Weak vs champions like irelia or jax who can stick very well and tank all the dmg.

Ezreal: Pretty straightforward champion for general purposes. Good poke, has flash skill, and w is pretty garbage now past the fact it can buff aspd. Has a hard time vs bruisers if your E is on cd. Good kite. Phage/red buff op.

Graves: Good in the face burst. Another rounded champion for situations. Can snowball very well, but arguably one of the weakest lategames of the adc.

Kog Maw: Extremely high sustained dmg, but needs to farm a bit like vayne until he can get going. After PD he has some decent sustained dps and then IE makes him go nuts. His kiting ability is weak, but lategame he destroys everything. Since his mobility is weak, always have wards to see the enemy jungler coming.

Miss Fortune: High sustained dmg, good hit and run until her passive pops for a few seconds. Her w lets you last hit more easily, increases aspd, and has th debuff decreasing hp regen/ lifesteal. Her ult is very good if it doesn't get cancelled to finish off someone + do dmg in teamfights. Will fall off very hard if camped.

Sivir: Snowballs like a boss, kites like a boss, shields like a boss, and owns like a boss. A popular champion in the foreign scene, very good vs annoying champions like taric who just stun and the adc jumps in to **** in your face or shielding stuff from junglers that will get you killed (eg nauts hook or mundos initial cleaver). Shield is like a banshee which gives you mana, but relies entirely on your reaction. Sivir has strong burst with her Q and the best team presence with her ult which boosts movement speed and attack speed. You should be able to kite and dodge any skillshot with sivir. Her low mana pool makes it hard to spam her Q, so use it in moderation.

Urgot: Lane bully, builds super tanky but lacks the late-game carrying status every other adc has. As soon as you get the advantage, your goal is to force their adc out of the lane and slow them as much as possible so they hopefully fall out of the game. Great for setting up ganks with his ult or forcing positioning since it grants huge armor/mr.

Varus: Weak mobility, good at finishing off people or rooting an entire team. Average laning phase where he is strictly about sustained damage but above average carrying status towards the end. Very weak towards people like irelia who can just jump on you after your ult drops (if irelia can tank the dmg) or all-in lanes.

Vayne: Needs farm to do dmg, or blitzcrank + condemn. After IE + PD you go nuts, but weak vs all-in lanes. You might get camped initially to completely screw you for a good duration of the game. Arguably Kogmaw and Vayne have the strongest lategame adc potential, capable of reducing everyone to nothing in seconds.

Tristana: High burst lvl 2-3, high range due to her passive as she reaches her higher levels, but will have trouble if she loses a lane advantage by a large margin if they have a cc support. Typically you will see tristana pair up with someone like taric or leona and all-in lvl 2-3 the moment they find a chance. Average late-game carry status but her rocket jump refreshes upon kill or assist. So if you pop someone or an ally does you can immediately hightail out of there if they decide to focus you. The only issue is that tristana has garbage movespeed, so if they're still on you after rocket jump, your boned.

ADCs beware of jax. That is all.

Most Morgana NA

11-14-2012

There was actually a chart about this on Reddit, thumbs up and friendship add if anyone posts that link on this.

SoWrules

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by get KRAKEN View Post
This is true. Ashe is weak, but given the opportunity to farm and maybe get a kill/assist early game will help her IMMENSELY. If a jungler can set Ashe up with a first blood then she can snowball from there. I've had trouble as Ashe, but nothing I couldn't farm my way out of.

Sounds like someone is mad, but honestly at these lower ELOs I see a LOT of Miss Fortune and Vayne to be honest with you. If I see a Vayne, I lock in Ez. idgaf, yolo, get on my lvl nob.

Also, I rush phage then get BT. you mad brah brah?
and that is why in that quote, i state that she will stick with any advantage you give her.

I wouldn't say im mad. seeing as i get free easy lanes going bottom these days. And idunno about you but you have to be pretty low to see MFs and vaynes. in the 1400s the entirety of bottom is Ezreal, or Miss fortune/ the occasional graves/corki.

also i just decimate ezreals like you who build like that. You mad brah? Riot graves up in this house.

Aeshura

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSBrigade View Post

ADCs beware of jax. That is all.
Draven's E knocks you aside. Silly fly, you don't have wings.