The problem with the new TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheZynk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Well in truth there are a few

1. The snowballing- I realize Riot was trying to counter the turtle style but this is way over the top. If you go to gank a lane or die once your opponents are 2 levels higher then you are. Not to mention that if you get a successful invade you are set for the rest of the game.

2. The alters- I think Riot's idea was for each team to hold one and fight for them every now and again, but that rarely happens, and in most cases a single team has both alters for most of the game. It gives a huge unfair advantage.

3. Vile Maw- Even at level 18 with a full build, if you are anything but a bruiser or tank you can expect to nearly die. All this means is that you can almost always counter and steal Vile Maw.

4. The wards- Some champions have completely exploded because there are no wards. I realize that there are a few items that give that small sight, but in truth they are completely useless and don't help you foresee a gank.

These are just a few problems that I have noticed and I believe that they should be fixed. I realize it's still in beta, but these things need to be said in order for Riot to fix them.

FearAzrael

11-25-2012

I agree on everything but the wards. Unless the map were to be totally overhauled one single ward would protect your top lane, your bot lane, and you jungle.

TheZynk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

True, but the old TT had wards and it really didn't prevent to many ganks.

SaveTheMaids

11-25-2012

I'll be honest I kind of miss warding as well. Was looking at some of my old 3s games and I miss being able to roam on my own and ward the map. New TT I pretty much just hug my tower every game unless I'm massively fed or there's a Teemo, Shaco, Nidalee, or Maokai on my team.

However, what bugs me the most is the alters and I wish they would just be removed tbh.
I don't tend to play early aggressive champions (just not my playstyle) and thus the alters only serve as an annoyance. I feel like I'm holding down my team just by picking a champion with a weaker early game compared to old TT where I could work with pretty much anyone.

Now I get people that tell me to pick Olaf or Singed instead of who I am good with, or to pick a "real champion" right before dodging. Who honestly wants to play them every game? I sure don't.

FearAzrael

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehriel View Post
True, but the old TT had wards and it really didn't prevent to many ganks.
Did you even play old TT? One ward at Red shuts down 90% of ganks. Another ward at dragon stops ganks from jungler as well as lets you know when they are going dragon/buffs.

TheZynk

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAzrael View Post
Did you even play old TT? One ward at Red shuts down 90% of ganks. Another ward at dragon stops ganks from jungler as well as lets you know when they are going dragon/buffs.
Yes I did play the old TT. It did prevent allot of ganks but not all of them. Most people never warded that well, and my points still stand.