The troubled tales of a supporter (need ranked advice)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Willow Tree

11-14-2012

So i really enjoy playing support. I can play all roles fairly well but support is my strongest suit and the one that i enjoy the most. I started this season of well and rose to 1400 elo. But as i continue to support i find that not all people even at 1400 are completely competent of the game. Some adc players really **** the bed for me. I lost 2 games because my mid and my adc make poor decisions and as a support there's not a whole lot i can do to if they aren't good. Im now down to 1327 and wanted to come here for some advice before continuing to chase my goal of 1800. Should i give up supporting in solo Q? Is it bad to always want to support with out a duo Q? Why does your elo take such a big hit for a loss and such a small gain from a win? And is there more i can do as a support to try and steer a less than stellar team in the right direction. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

- A Willow Tree

Zorda

11-15-2012

If i play support i will try co-ordinate the team, getting them to do what would be best for the team i take good notice of the Jungler and try keep his location known as much as possible i keep track of all the neutral monster times and get my team to catch them off-guard at their buff etc, but there's not all that much you can do about someone who refuses to communicate and makes terrible judgements they are asking to feed thinking only for themselves. If i were you then i wouldn't give up supporting, if your favorite role then stick with it till the end because the more you like a role the better you tend to be at it, i also have no idea so much elo is lost when someone suffers a ranked loss the only reason that i can think of it that you are still in placement where elo gain and loss is ridiculous. Also if your team isn't very confident try and convince them that you have a better advantage late game and stuff like that to keep confidence high, and when for example your mid lane feed their mid lane a bit if someone rips into that mid laner and start laying down the hate defend them if that person becomes angry or upset then their performance is going to be even more dreadful and you might have lower chances of success in your games. I hope i helped you a bit and good luck to you in your future games.

DDP SelfhighFive

11-15-2012

If you get paired with an adc that works well with your play style. Add them. Don't give up support. The role changes games. Also if they let a dominate support slip through bans. Punish them for it. There's nothing worse than a good support getting his hands on a blitz or alistar

Kvoth3

11-15-2012

You have to be careful, because a lot of ADCs are terribly rude or bad, as you ran into.
I would recommend that you play all roles, especially AD carry. Learning from other supports can help you best learn what the carry wants and when he wants it.

I consider myself a support main, but I'll play anything in ranked. Play a champ that best helps your team comp, and when that can be a support, go for it. Otherwise, take the best champ available to help your team.