Toxic Behavior....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macho Man Sam

Junior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Brookes View Post
"He's High ELO. He must be innocent."

The 'pro' worshipping attitude in this community is amazing.

I haven't seen ANY evidence to suggest OP is innocent but this thread is full of "me too" guys saying they 'have a friend' who got permabanned for playing Orianna too much. Except that's not how Tribunal works.
You seem to be a tad out of the loop.
I agree that people shouldn't even be mentioning his ELO (Seriously, who cares?), the player was banned for being "Consistently toxic", and he is known to be the opposite of that.
Lyte also stated that this was not a tribunal related ban.
Lyte ALSO ALSO stated that this particular ban was not a "straight-forward behavior ban", rather, it "is a unique case and unfortunately might not be something we can discuss openly on any forums".


The Reddit thread has been providing a lot of good details that the forum monsters here are obscuring


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexDnD2

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Brookes View Post
"He's High ELO. He must be innocent."

The 'pro' worshipping attitude in this community is amazing.

I haven't seen ANY evidence to suggest OP is innocent but this thread is full of "me too" guys saying they 'have a friend' who got permabanned for playing Orianna too much. Except that's not how Tribunal works.
Why shouldn't people respect skill? Its the currency of this game. You probably sound like one of those "everyone's equal no matter what." Sorry bub that ain't how life works.The rich get the nice car. The athlete gets the girl. The smarter person gets the better job. And the skilled are respected. Life. Get used to it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macho Man Sam

Junior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
Why shouldn't people respect skill? Its the currency of this game. You probably sound like one of those "everyone's equal no matter what." Sorry bub that ain't how life works.The rich get the nice car. The athlete gets the girl. The smarter person gets the better job. And the skilled are respected. Life. Get used to it.
I think he was just implying something more along the lines of "High ELO doesn't make you unbannable"

Which isn't what's happening here at all, this is a different story.

Come on guys, let's try to keep civil


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rignite

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockenos View Post
You seem to be a tad out of the loop.
I agree that people shouldn't even be mentioning his ELO (Seriously, who cares?), the player was banned for being "Consistently toxic", and he is known to be the opposite of that.
Lyte also stated that this was not a tribunal related ban.
Lyte ALSO ALSO stated that this particular ban was not a "straight-forward behavior ban", rather, it "is a unique case and unfortunately might not be something we can discuss openly on any forums".


The Reddit thread has been providing a lot of good details that the forum monsters here are obscuring
That's because the Tribunal forums here are as broken as the monsters wandering it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rignite

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
Why shouldn't people respect skill? Its the currency of this game. You probably sound like one of those "everyone's equal no matter what." Sorry bub that ain't how life works.The rich get the nice car. The athlete gets the girl. The smarter person gets the better job. And the skilled are respected. Life. Get used to it.
I'd like to agree with what you say, but you left out the biggest determiner of everything for everyone.

How you could forget that simple luck determines so much is beyond me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

11-18-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

I've concluded my analysis and I've unbanned all of 3xecutioner's accounts. In this particular case, 3xec's accounts were all temporarily locked (to the year 2212) while an investigation was underway regarding a 3rd party application. The application was detected in an abnormally large number of games 3xec was in so a team was investigating more into it. There were a few mishaps in the process such as the wrong e-mail being sent to 3xec and the investigation also taking longer than expected--these are things we need to improve on and I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm going to reach out to 3xec myself and can provide more specific details to him.

To re-iterate something I mentioned earlier, this case had nothing to do with 3xec's games with Rioters and the Rioter potentially raging; we are going to investigate that separately and get the appropriate people involved.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsupport7346

Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Brookes View Post
"He's High ELO. He must be innocent."
No, it's rather

"There's absolutely no evidence for his ban and he doesn't even know what he is banned for so in dubio pro reo".


Besides we all know that this company does not care about a handful random bans per week.

Maybe calling calling obscure ban-happenings and unjust tribunal cases out on the forum won't help - as these threads use to get ignored even when the case is totally clean - that won't stop those who have a feeling for justice to express this feeling, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3xecutioner

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I've concluded my analysis and I've unbanned all of 3xecutioner's accounts. In this particular case, 3xec's accounts were all temporarily locked (to the year 2212) while an investigation was underway regarding a 3rd party application. The application was detected in an abnormally large number of games 3xec was in so a team was investigating more into it. There were a few mishaps in the process such as the wrong e-mail being sent to 3xec and the investigation also taking longer than expected--these are things we need to improve on and I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm going to reach out to 3xec myself and can provide more specific details to him.

To re-iterate something I mentioned earlier, this case had nothing to do with 3xec's games with Rioters and the Rioter potentially raging; we are going to investigate that separately and get the appropriate people involved.
Thank you for the investigation into the issue Lyte. I really appreciate all the help and support from everyone! I'm glad this turned out for the best.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KineticSkink

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Please stop derailing this thread.

You were permanently banned for toxic behavior. You were reported in nearly every single game you've ever played in that account's history; in fact, you have more than twice as many reports as games played. That's a staggering data point.

In just a handful of the games I reviewed you show racism, make jokes about abortion, repeatedly use words like "f*ggots," "duof*gs" and worse. Your ban was completely justified--please spend your gaming time elsewhere.
http://i46.tinypic.com/11bqjpl.jpg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iM Swip3rR intel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-18-2012

I had nowhere eles to put this pls if you could help me Lyte i sent this in 3days ago to support and got a bot message.
Account Name : Swip3rR
I recently had my main account permanently banned and as I have already started and completed a ticket with ‘Miss Frosty’ prior to writing this, I didn’t feel I had adequately represented my side of the case and wish to make this my formal response and plea for sympathy. Please take the time to read this and consider my side of the story fully.
Yes, I have been banned via the tribunal on numerous occasions, particularly towards the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012. Realizing the affects my actions were having on the community, the game I love and even towards my account I decided to tone it down a lot and became a much more civil person. I sat down and read The Summoner’s Code back to front (I hadn’t previously read it) and knew what I had to do to become a better player. This is evident by the fact that I was not touched by the tribunal once for 6 whole months from April 2012 up until October 2012. It was obvious that I had become a much friendlier player and was indeed abiding by The Summoner’s Code.
Now, this takes me back to about two months ago, when I started to be much more toxic in nature and in a lot of cases, make the game difficult to stand for the nine other players I happened to get partied with. This is also obvious with the sudden double punish I received from the tribunal in a short space of time following my 6 months of good behavior.
I know you guys hear this a lot, but there were some extenuating circumstances affecting my personal life and unfortunately also affected my behavior on League. Since I trust this email’s confidentiality, I’ll state them. Firstly, my uncle was killed in a car accident at only 35 years of age and because of how close he was to me, I was extremely depressed about this. Secondly, I found out that my 4 year old Australian Sheppard dog that had run away 2 weeks prior had in fact been run over a few blocks from where I live. Lastly, I flunked my software engineering course at university because I decided being depressed at home was more warranted than doing an exam. This meant that I had and have to in the future pay the full sum of the course ($4000) and sit it again. I sought league for comfort during this time and decided to set a goal for platinum before the season rewards end. I got pretty close on many occasions but when I felt that I was at a significant disadvantage due to the actions of my team, when in reality if I were good enough, I would reach platinum regardless of my team, I would take it out on them and sometimes the enemy when I know they don’t deserve that sort of ridicule. I thought I was the victim in these instances when in reality I was the one victimizing others. I have since seen a psychiatrist at the recommendation of my girlfriend and my behavior has improved.
Now, I’m aware of the fact that you support guys receive a tonne of sob stories attempting to justify poor behavior, but I am not attempting to justify anything. What I did was horrible and under no circumstances should I ever repeat these actions. I just wish to provide insight into why this happened. I have spent thousands of hours playing this game, thousands of dollars in RP attempting to support riot and this game that I enjoy and put in an immense effort at attempting to go pro. My team, myR (My Revenge Australia) even qualified for a tournament in Melbourne which I flew down from in Brisbane and managed to place second place, raking in $2000. I absolutely adore this game and Riot and already had plans to attend PAX 2013 in Melbourne just to meet some of you guys. Riot also showed me that working in the IT industry can be fun and steered my career choices towards IT.
Now, I would like to provide some reasoning for why I think I have a slight chance for forgiveness. On the email confirming my ban, ‘Miss Frosty’ stated that “a permanent ban is an action we reserve only for those that refuse to improve their behavior.” I was under the impression that if someone steers away from their toxic behavior (me in early 2012), their account would return to the default status as said by RiotLyte on the LoL forums. I do believe I had improved my behavior permanently and thought that was reflected in my account. Also, I believe I read somewhere that there used to be a system where if a player was permanently banned and showed remorse and asked to be unbanned, they would receive it. However, 95% of those would receive a future permanent ban, obviously showing the fault of that system. I however believe I am whole heartedly part of that 5% that do indeed reform and change their acts and believe I had already done so. I am not attempting to argue against the decisions of ‘Miss Frosty’, just providing what I see of the matter.
I’ve read the tribunal case and it is undeniably evident that a punishment was warranted. But to have my initial two week ban upped to permanent seemed a bit sever in my opinion, especially due to the effort I had made to change my actions and improve as a summoner and the money, time and effort I have put into this game. I know paying customers receive no extra treatment over non-paying customers, but I believe the fact that I have spent around $1000 on this game illustrate the dedication and love I do indeed have for it. $1000 is a lot of money for a student :P.
I hope you don’t reply with “We have already explained the context for your permanent suspension. We will not be able to release your account and consider this matter closed.” but read and help sympathize with me and this massive essay (sorry). If there was zero I could do to get this ban lifted and I have indeed wasted your time with this wall of text, I apologise. But if there is absolutely anything I could do, like visit Riot or maybe phone in I would like to know.