Loading Border Should Be Based on Queue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuffTime

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydion View Post
That's probably just the player's terrible attitude. I see plenty of silver players here in 1700+, and they usually do play at the level required in these games. It just means they improved a lot, no second thought would be given. But now if you see a diamond in 1500 or something, you'd wonder how did he get down here.
I could not disagree more. Every time I get in games with Platinum players they mock me for having my gold border in Solo Queue.

When the guy has a diamond border in the 1500s, they still know you are a diamond level player, and don't bat an eyelash, it's a huge advantage. Your perspective is not correct.

Diamond level players are the worst about this, if you ever watch streams you would know they immediately look down on players with a less than diamond border.

I would appreciate it if the problem at hand were not ignored, I would rather have no border at all than a gold one going into solo Q. At least that way my team will think I'm smurfing.

I hope there is an update where I can choose to disable the border that labels me forever as a "Gold level" player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
That still doesn't explain why ranked teams is so look downed on in this aspect. Why is my solo queue rank displayed everywhere! No one told me that when I got diamond in ranked teams I wouldn't get my diamond border... EVER! Thats lame and I feel ripped off.

It doesn't matter where you earned it your highest elo should be shown no matter what. I don't care what people say about ranked 3s or 5s if you can get to diamond there you could probably get the same elo in solo queue with time.
True, I would have probably tried harder to get platinum in Solo Q instead of getting diamond in 3v3.

That's a mistake I plan to remedy in S3, I will not be playing as much TT even though I enjoy it, because the rewards are not treated equally to those that are given out of Solo Q. Solo Q appears to be the only game mode that Riot cares about rewarding, and I am eternally punished by a gold border for not working harder to get plat. Now platinum players do not take me seriously in my games. Frustrating.

Riot even states that Solo Q is the most accurate representation of a player's individual skill level. Yet the fact that my TT team went diamond means little to nothing to represent my skill when I am 1/3 of the entire team.

ActionPerSecond

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
Thanks bro. Keep it bumped this is important to me.
It's been 3 months since the last red response. Not cool.
you should read this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3013113

at least its something !

Icetech2

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionPerSecond View Post
you should read this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3013113

at least its something !
It is indeed something.