Loading Border Should Be Based on Queue

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rose Legend

Recruiter

11-17-2012

bump

steadytrollin

Recruiter

11-17-2012

i think borders should be removed, people belittle those who have "high elo" borders if they don't perform and blame losses on "low elo borders." banners are a cool concept but just gives trolls another excuse to blame others

Calldadoctorboii

11-18-2012

Too many players with a superiority complex for these to work. Heaven forbid if a silver players starts practicing and manages to get to platinum or diamond in season3. They'll basically be forced to play perfectly every game to be taken seriously. The reverse could be said of a platinum player falling into a gold/silver range. They'd have to deal with everyone recognizing that they did well last season but are now playing far worse.

IMO, make borders toggle-able or only use them in normal/custom.

Alumenlux

11-18-2012

^

Imsexyyoureugly

11-18-2012

^

seajaydub

11-19-2012

Any updates?

Cambrian

11-19-2012

From what I've noticed, mostly its bronze (in general), silver in the platinum elos, and gold in the diamond elos getting the most initial negative feedback about their banners. Either people wont consider you worthy of the elo you now have, or blame you if you do less that perfectly. This is all based on someones performance from what will soon be 'last year' and 'last season'.

On the other hand. Say someone with a diamond border ends up doing badly and falls to the silver or gold elos. That person now has to put up with everyone assuming they are amazing and will likely also be criticized if they dont perform as their border from 'last season' would indicate they should.

Borders are nice, their pretty. I think we all like them. But they come at a cost that is sometimes not worth the glamor. Toggling them would be nice, but im not sure it would get rid of the issue.

Sav?or

11-19-2012

bump for the gold border i earned

Alumenlux

11-19-2012

bump for the diamonds flaming my gold border :<

IS1769af2fb2074ca2cd9cb

11-22-2012

bump