Why do people refuse to communicate in Champ Select screen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akrotheos

11-14-2012

Or something like that... I started talking to my teammates, asked for team comps (AoE? Mobility? Poke? High CC?) and we built a team around some specifics (Mao/Leona/Varus/Ahri/Garen). While it wasn't perfect, we did pretty well since we started communicating at the Champion Select Screen. I would initiate with Leona, and Mao would lock someone down. From there on, our teamfights were smooth. Garen had Sunfire and his AoE, so basically we would force the enemy team to fight inside Mao's ult, suffer Garen's damage, all while Ahri and Varus were shooting people down. Win in 27 minutes.

Next game, I ask again and offer to play Support if nobody wants them. I first pick Taric, and my ADC picks Graves. We decide to go for CC and to protect Graves. Viktor, Renekton, and Maokai are our last picks. Graves end the game 8/0/8 and enemy team is steamrolled by the 20th min mark.

Before that, first Ranked in season 3 - I attempted to do the same. No one except the Support player said a word. I picked MF with Sona - team goes Teemo, Shyvana, Diana. No one said a word until we started to lose the game. From there on, we lost horribly.

I've noticed when people communicate and coordinate in Champion Select screen, not only there is a slight advantage over those who don't, but the game moves smoothly, the synergies start snowballing, and it gets really difficult to lose.

I've also noticed, however, only about 10% of my matches are like this. The rest of the time all I read is "mid plz, adc, top, i cant support" - and that's it.

Why do people refuse to communicate and set up a decent comp before the match starts? Is it so important for you to pick the champ you want to play vs playing for your team?

Akrotheos

11-14-2012

Bump?

Valtaria

11-14-2012

I know that feel bro.

I think if you're going to play ranked games you should have great communication from the beginning and to make sure that everyone can play every roll, or if they can't try to stick everyone in their best position.

I got really tired of people not saying anything, or auto locking because that's what they want to do.

Lunalesca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

solo q

AxeFresh

11-14-2012

the moment you begin to communicate, the flame wars begin.

Happens every time I begin talking because how I view the world offends most people.