Could not find 'Do not spam emotes' anywhere in summoner's code.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7777Peggy7777 View Post
what's so stupid about it? riot recoded emote spam into the game

because they wanted players to do it.

is that hard to understand? is it?

riot coded a chat box. obviously they wanted everyone to spam racist comments to each other.

coded champion select. obviously that should be abused. troll picks every game? yes please.

just because you CAN do something, doesnt mean you should. thats ridiculous logic, and is only ever used as an argument when theres nothing left.

Mikemaximum

11-13-2012

EEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
EEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the list goes on

Pebbywebby

11-13-2012

I contend that spamming KogMaw's joke is an important part of his psychological warfare strategy, to complement his biological+kamikaze approach.

Uh but seriously it's fun at the beginning of the match or after you get a kill with an ally and want to be silly. Spamming in lane is lame.

Peggy

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
riot coded a chat box. obviously they wanted everyone to spam racist comments to each other.

coded champion select. obviously that should be abused. troll picks every game? yes please.

just because you CAN do something, doesnt mean you should. thats ridiculous logic, and is only ever used as an argument when theres nothing left.

I wont get mad because clearly this happened before your time

this same issue came up (but before the tribunal so no one was getting banned) where people complained that spamming emotes was annoying (at the time you could interrupt them so you could chain spam the first word or 2 of an emote). Riot responded by removing the ability to spam them for a very short while, but then reinstated it on the grounds that people should essentially stop being babies and let people spam emotes. They did however take out the ability to interrupt casts, so you had to listen to the emote completely before doing it again.

so yeah, riot LITERALLY intended for you to be able to spam emotes to no end.

Peggy

11-13-2012

not letting this thread die

Bulbadoof

11-13-2012

Here's my problem with punishing emote spamming. It doesn't show up in the Tribunal case. There is no way to prove that the emotes were actually spammed.

So, say there's this premade, right? And they don't like their random. Maybe he's playing a weird character/build, maybe they forced him to play a role he isn't good at, maybe he's just bad.

They decide to report him for spamming emotes.
All they really have to do to make it convincing is to type "stop it" a few times in chat. Boom. From where anyone in the Tribunal is standing, he looks guilty.

If it really annoys some people enough to be considered a bannable offense, that's none of my business. But right now, there's no way to prove it actually happened and I don't like that.

Peggy

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper Sunlight View Post
Here's my problem with punishing emote spamming. It doesn't show up in the Tribunal case. There is no way to prove that the emotes were actually spammed.

So, say there's this premade, right? And they don't like their random. Maybe he's playing a weird character/build, maybe they forced him to play a role he isn't good at, maybe he's just bad.

All they really have to do to make it convincing is to type "stop it" a few times in chat. Boom. From where anyone in the Tribunal is standing, he looks guilty.

If it really annoys some people enough to be considered a bannable offense, that's none of my business. But right now, there's no way to prove it actually happened and I don't like that.

didn't even consider that. agreed 100%

Destîny

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper Sunlight View Post

Brilliant point.

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Yup. Turning into a carebear game.

Gg. Gonna go make League of Sarcasm. (Thanks whoever suggested Sarcastaball to me).

Peggy

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHUEAHUEAHUEA View Post
Yup. Turning into a carebear game.

Gg. Gonna go make League of Sarcasm. (Thanks whoever suggested Sarcastaball to me).
i think the idea of the tribunal was horrible in the first place

youre going to let the very community that you believe is "toxic" police itself?

what kind of logic is that even?