Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enerith

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syshina View Post
No.

If a fortune teller says that you are being followed by evil spirits and sells you a bracelet to ward them off for $10,000, you will enjoy the idea that you are not being followed by evil spirits any longer, but you were still ripped off.

I'm not saying DTL is as worthless as a magic bracelet, but you can enjoy something and still get ripped off.
In the case where the object being purchased is 100% purely for enjoyment purposes then you can not be ripped off if you enjoy said object. Your analogy was horrid.

slidewaez

11-14-2012

no

Soiyeruda

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerith View Post
-New Pix Model
-New Pix Animations
Again, I don't consider changes to one of the more subtle aspects of Lulu an increase in price, especially given how unpolished it is.

Quote:
-New(awesome and certainly not subtle) particles
Q - "Wee we can change purple particles to red"
W - Ally cast - Flowers turned into barely noticeable red fairy dust.
Ultimate - Very slight change of the aoe image on the ground. Both are still fairly similar to each other.

The rest are alright, but I only really like the new shield effect.

Quote:
New model on enemy cast whismy (Models are a lot of work)
Forgot to explicitly mention the new model cast on Whimsy, but this falls mostly under new model. Wicked and Bittersweet Lulu change the enemies into kitties and cupcakes (in addition to new sound effects, which DT Lulu lacks on whimsy). Should they be priced at 1350 too?

Samich4ME

11-14-2012

Yea nope I didnt buy.... for a skin that should be worth 975 to be 1350 is well..... not a reason to purchase a 10 dollar voucher to buy a skin that is not worth ten dollars....

Amiithystine

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiyeruda View Post
Forgot to explicitly mention the new model cast on Whimsy, but this falls mostly under new model. Wicked and Bittersweet Lulu change the enemies into kitties and cupcakes. Should they be priced at 1350 too?

Actually, The model change on whimsy is very nice, (Indeed hilarious) but I actually enjoy the particle effect of a ally/self cast.

The shockwave and persistent particles convey the effect of speed better and look nicer while doing it.

Just throwing that out there..

Enerith

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiyeruda View Post
Again, I don't consider changes to one of the more subtle aspects of Lulu an increase in price, especially given how unpolished it is.

Q - "Wee we can change purple particles to red"
W - Ally cast - Flowers turned into barely noticeable red fairy dust.
Ultimate - Very slight change of the aoe image on the ground. Both are still fairly similar to each other.

The rest are alright, but I only really like the new shield effect.

Forgot to explicitly mention the new model cast on Whimsy, but this falls mostly under new model. Wicked and Bittersweet Lulu change the enemies into kitties and cupcakes (in addition to new sound effects, which DT Lulu lacks on whimsy). Should they be priced at 1350 too?

Copy and pasted from a post on reddit as to why this skin is worth more than her others

[]darkshaddow42 [+2] 423 points 12 hours ago (465|46)

Her old skins had:
Slightly new look for Pix
Model change
New particle on enemy W

This skin also has:

New dance/taunt/joke/laugh animations, model, and new "attack" particles for Pix
New particle on Q
New particles on W, both for ally cast and that shoots out of the wand on enemy cast
New particle for E on ally
New particle on ult
New death animation

Soiyeruda

11-14-2012

Lulu, along with her two default skins, were released on March 20th. Lulu was also the second to last champion to get two release skins.

Tyrant Swain and Blackthorn Morgana, the first two skins to set the new 975 RP quality standard, were released May 23rd, two months later. As such, Wicked and Bittersweet Lulu were made before the new standard. A more fair comparison would be appreciated.

If we wanted to go by the logic of that reddit post, half of the new skins released in the past few months would be 1820 quality because they're so much better than Annie in Wonderland, Invader Heimerdinger, Firefighter Tristana, etc.

zarbiz

11-14-2012

My personal line for 'what is worth >975 to me' is new voice work. I knew I would buy Zombie Brand the second I loaded a game with him on PBE, because his new move chatter and taunt etc are completely worth it (also he reminds me just enough of Blight from Batman Beyond). The last skin I bought that I'm still enamored with is Sad Robot Amumu, because of his filtered voice (and those emotes on the ulti!). This, though, doesn't strike me as 1350. The dragonified Pix looks great, but Lulu looks... dull, almost? I want to say this skin is her getting a 'gritty reboot'.
Now, that Chemical Darius skin... if it had burbling noises (think Singed's ulti) now and then, or something to simply reinforce the fact that he has canisters on his back, it'd be another insta-buy for me. I do love the fact that they refill after his W, but that little treat wouldn't justify the skin being 1350 either, assuming it to be that price point.

Submohr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

The only question I have about the 1350 price point skins is - will they ever go on sale? Actual legendaries don't, nor do limited edition, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a statement on semilegendaries, and our only other one hasn't been out long enough to warrant a sale in the first place. I know a lot of people who mainly buy skins on sale and they're a little conflicted about whether they should get DT lulu or wait a while for it. (especially since both of lulu's other skins went on sale recently so they now already have lulu skins ^^)

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Alright - this is helpful. Basically, your thought is that a long-standing silence has made this a sore issue, and that sore issue leads to the feeling of unfair pricing on objects if that price is unexpected or higher. In this case, it would be less related to Dragon Tamer Lulu, and more with our historical messaging about pricing?

I know Hippalus has talked about a lot of these issues, maybe just not this specific one. I don't understand pricing details much myself, but I can see if I can get him to come talk about this one.

Additionally, I know there's some people saying "this isn't worth that price" - I understand that feedback. What I didn't understand was "it's worth it, but I feel ripped off."
My problem with the skin (beside that I personally hate the nose and dragon) is that the designer post made it seam like modifying a specific part of a champion (Pixi) is something new and revolutionary and that should be priced separately, even when we have several examples of skin that have either far better extras for a cheaper price (Tyrant Swain, Blackthorn Morgana, Glacial Malphite) or that already modify specific separated parts of a champion (Tibbers, Oriana Ball).

Modifying something like Pixi should not be advertising as something that deserve a skin cost increase when the changes are not even on par with other skins, what's next? charging extra for a new Oriana Ball or Tibbers?