Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vince

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Lol

A bouncy Furret

11-14-2012

People are just really worried because IIRC you or Hippalus said pretty flatly "No, just because skin quality is increasing, skin price will not increase" but then shortly after Mecha Kha'Zix was released, people panicked as if they had been lied to.

It's the same deal right now, people are just worried.

Honestly I wonder if it's really worth all the troubles with this new price point. Sure the skin is worth more, maybe list it under a special list along with Surprise Party Fiddle in which it will never go on sale, but it's price remains at 975?

iMyung

11-14-2012

Nope. At that price point, I'm not going to bother.

Blaster

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No problem - thanks. I just want to understand the sentiment better and I think I do now.
decent guy morello

Xyrne

11-14-2012

Not even if I liked Lulu. 10 bucks is the most I'm going to spend on a skin.
When I say the actual dollar amount like that it makes me realize just how much I've blown on useless skins.

The Guardian 009

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerith View Post
This is just flat out wrong...the skin has

-New Model
-New Pix Model
-New Pix Animations
-New(awesome and certainly not subtle) particles
-New model on enemy cast whismy (Models are a lot of work)
most of the stuff are placed on pix. I don't know about you, but I don't use emotes a lot. Most people don't, unless it's before minions spawn. That's not worth it to me. You look at Mekha'zix skin. You see it all the time once you hit lvl 6,12,18. you know they worked hard on it.

i'm okay that they're asking for more based on the work they did- but they put too much work into something that's not going to be appreciated and I don't think it's fair we're beating up on them JUST because they put there effort into something that most people won't see.

TheEnygma

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Arçadius View Post
People are just really worried because IIRC you or Hippalus said pretty flatly "No, just because skin quality is increasing, skin price will not increase" but then shortly after Mecha Kha'Zix was released, people panicked as if they had been lied to.

It's the same deal right now, people are just worried.

Honestly I wonder if it's really worth all the troubles with this new price point. Sure the skin is worth more, maybe list it under a special list along with Surprise Party Fiddle in which it will never go on sale, but it's price remains at 975?
"This will not be a trend for launch skins or skins in general, but as we produce more legendary quality skins, we may bring the 1350 RP price back on occasion." - straight from Hippalus.

MrBubbIes0

11-14-2012

Quote:
I know Hippalus has talked about a lot of these issues, maybe just not this specific one. I don't understand pricing details much myself, but I can see if I can get him to come talk about this one.

Additionally, I know there's some people saying "this isn't worth that price" - I understand that feedback. What I didn't understand was "it's worth it, but I feel ripped off."
Ok morello, explain the reasoning behind Dragon trainer Lulu 1350 RP Price.

What more does she have to offer over Black Thorn Morgana, Arcade Sona (that has brand new sounds as well), Full Metal Rammus or even Frostfire Annie ??

Maybe this is not your area of expertise but since you are the one replying i'm asking you, (or call someone who's in charge of marketing to explain the matter)

Lumiera

11-14-2012

Quote:
I know this isn't my area of expertise, but if you found your purchase worth it and enjoy the skin, is it ripping someone off? I'm not sure I get that.
No.

If a fortune teller says that you are being followed by evil spirits and sells you a bracelet to ward them off for $10,000, you will enjoy the idea that you are not being followed by evil spirits any longer, but you were still ripped off.

I'm not saying DTL is as worthless as a magic bracelet, but you can enjoy something and still get ripped off.

OneBigBugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

I feel like we are being tested. The Kaz skin was not worth a legendary price but was better then the average 975. So it kinda made sense, even though I refuse to honestly get it.

Now we get dragon Tamer Lulu. I have looked over the skin on youtubes Skin spotlight. I have to say I see nothing in this Skin that makes it better then most of the recent 975 skins. More to the point Oktoberfest Gragas, Augmented Singed, Panda Teemo, and Scorched earth Xerath. ( among MANY others ) There is nothing that sets this skin apart from say since Rune Wars Rene was released.

To me this feels like a test of the market. How much are we willing to spend for what quality? It would appear the Kaz skin went over well enough to warrant trying another skin with slightly less to it. However the Kaz skin was released in a bundle as well. The skin it self was 1350 the bundle was 1460? So a lot of people just bought the bundle, made sense. Now let's test the market and see how many people will buy a 1350 skin by itself. Another test it seems. Released along side it was a decent skin.. again not as good but at the 975 Price point. I really feel that this is part of the test. Comparing how well Lulu does Vs the Darius skin. Basically it feels like Can Riot justify a raise in skin prices ( or at least some skins ) that the larger part of the community will accept.

Hence all the negative reaction. A lot of people feel like the new skin price will be 1350 soon, and the talk of Renting skins. I understand the need to find new ways to make money, but at this rate I can see Riot shooting themselves in the foot over this. Keeping in mind that there is already a grumble over the price of the Halloween skins and now this.

Where as I cannot speak for others I can say that I personally will not be buying skins at 1350. I like my skins but to spend so much on a very limited budget such as mine... I cannot justify doing that. Most of the time I cannot justify spending 975 just because I cannot afford it.

In truth it feels like The ones who have money will dictate how much we pay for skins while guys like me on Disability and on a very fixed income will have to hope and pray for good sales and price drops... almost like getting hand me downs.