Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soiyeruda

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
no one would put up with it on a non-support skin lol

Just chalk it up to another support nerf. Only true support players would dare approach this skin.
I main support. Lulu also happens to be my favorite support. I liked the Dragon Trainer Lulu skin the way it is at the moment, but I'm not going to buy it, because I don't want to support a price tag on a skin that does not fit it.

Omiata

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
There was a thread made by riot like 1.5 years ago explaining why the new champ release price would always be 6.3k.
I believe it was just after the thread about how "Don't worry, not all champions will cost 6.3k."

The money is just too good and IP is just too hard for casual players to come by.

DarkopsCobra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

so much hype over a skin.

Omiata

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkopscobra View Post
so much hype over a skin.
tl;dr

deathmage390

11-14-2012

i want but not for that cost ill wait for sale at least

Quartzmonkey

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No problem - thanks. I just want to understand the sentiment better and I think I do now.
I would be okay with a 1350 regular pricing on "special" skins if they had enough extra detail in them. Right now, Dragon Trainer Lulu has all of the same voice files and the particle effect changes are nice but not enough change.

Now, truthfully, I bought the Lulu skin simply because she is my favorite champ. If it had been any other champion I would not have. I also like Ryze a lot but I did not buy his Pirate skin because I felt it was too lazy of an alteration for it to be 975. It should have been 520.

Riot should make an official pricing plan that can create expectations within the player community and not make us wonder why this one is more expensive than another. I realize its not my company so in a way they don't need to listen to what I or others have to say, but it is us that give them money, and largely from the purchase of RP for skins.

There are a couple important issues to note when considering price hikes and inflation of your own system. One, when you have longstanding players who are accustomed to collecting skins at a certain rate and then you suddenly change that on them, it encourages them to look elsewhere for their fun. After a long period of playing a game, it doesn't take a lot of error to make them move to a different game. Secondly, higher prices discourage new players from purchasing RP. A lot of people start playing League because its free. The idea of buying RP is often not something done right away. They have to get used to the idea that they're about to drop money on a skin or something they could get with IP if they have more patience. You're making that decision less likely to happen with price hikes.

Omiata

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
I would be okay with a 1350 regular pricing on "special" skins if they had enough extra detail in them. Right now, Dragon Trainer Lulu has all of the same voice files and the particle effect changes are nice but not enough change.

Now, truthfully, I bought the Lulu skin simply because she is my favorite champ. If it had been any other champion I would not have. I also like Ryze a lot but I did not buy his Pirate skin because I felt it was too lazy of an alteration for it to be 975. It should have been 520.

Riot should make an official pricing plan that cam create expectations within the player community and not make us wonder why this one is more expensive than another. I realize its not my company so in a way they don't need to listen to what I or others have to say, but it is us that give them money, and largely from the purchase of RP for skins.

There are a couple important issues to note when considering price hikes and inflation of your own system. One, when you have longstanding players who are accustomed to collecting skins at a certain rate and then you suddenly change that on them, it encourages them to look elsewhere for their fun. After a long period of playing a game, it doesn't take a lot of error to make them move to a different game. Secondly, higher prices discourage new players from purchasing RP. A lot of people start playing League because its free. The idea of buying RP is often not something done right away. They have to get used to the idea that they're about to drop money on a skin or something they could get with IP if they have more patience. You're making that decision less likely to happen with price hikes.
Well said. Incredible that Riot gets better advice from General Discussion then from their board room.

Baneson

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omiata View Post
Well said. Incredible that Riot gets better advice from General Discussion then from their board room.
My one fear is that Riot one day just decides to take ALL its suggestions from GD.

*shudder*

Quartzmonkey

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneson View Post
My one fear is that Riot one day just decides to take ALL its suggestions from GD.

*shudder*
Hopefully that won't be necessary. :P

TheUnburned

11-14-2012

Got it. Love it. No regrets. Nice work Riot :P