Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChromeFalcon

11-14-2012

Dont let this slide for a second.

Baneson

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeFalcon View Post
People like you are what's going to encourage Riot in making more 1350 RP skins. >.>
Meh. I'm ok with that. Long as I like the skin I'm gonna buy it.

King0fKingz

11-14-2012

Remeber when ther e were 520rp skins?Good old times..

Captain Krayt

11-14-2012

Don't buy it pretty please.

Baneson

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fKingz View Post
Remeber when ther e were 520rp skins?Good old times..
Yeah...color swapping was cool...

Jace77

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I know this isn't my area of expertise, but if you found your purchase worth it and enjoy the skin, is it ripping someone off? I'm not sure I get that.
You can get ripped off on price but still enjoy it and not regret a purchase. You just know it should be worth less

shamurai7

11-14-2012

for 975 you would get my $$$....

for 1350 you get an alienated fan who feels like you are trying to rip me off.
you have sent a nasty message with this skin
you sent a nasty message with rentable ward skins.

this game would be nothig without loyal fans....keep pushing them away riot and see how that works out for you...

im not buying any more rp from you guys, and guarantee i will no longer recommend this game to friends.

Blaine Tog

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, I know there's some people saying "this isn't worth that price" - I understand that feedback. What I didn't understand was "it's worth it, but I feel ripped off."
This is being hyperbolic, but let's pretend Lulu players are all dying of thirst in the desert and someone comes by selling bottles of water for $500 each. While obviously spending any amount of money is worth not dying of thirst, you're still getting ripped off by an unscrupulous businessman.

Which, again, is a hyperbole in this situation. Skins aren't necessarily for life (or even for play) and if they were, a 50% increase in price would hardly be the end of the world. But it still feels kinda gouge-y considering how often you put particle changes into 975 skins (which is great and we really appreciate). We realize you guys keep trying to raise the bar on skin quality, but we don't want or need every skin to be Pulsefire Ezreal. We like having the option of buying cheaper skins, even if those cheaper skins aren't the absolute best skins in the game. At least with Legendary skins, the difference in quality is always very clear. People didn't like that Zombie Brand was 1820 because they hadn't been expecting a Legendary skin to also be Limited, but it was clearly worth the extra cost. Dragon Trainer Lulu is something of an edge case and it's less clear what makes it more valuable than Blackthorn Morgana or Surprise Party Fiddlesticks, which are also edge cases.

Penakoto

11-14-2012

Great, now Morello is under the impression that DTL was justly priced.

Let me put this plain and simple, IT ISN'T, FOR WHAT IT IS CURRENTLY, DTL IS OVER PRICED

Penakoto

11-14-2012

People do not down vote an announcement, 400+ times, because they like something

RIOT, OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE DONT LIKE SOMETHING ABOUT DTL