Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Villanz

11-14-2012

I feel that 1350 for the skin is a ridiculous price and I will quit buying RP entirely if Riot continues to do this. However, I did buy the lulu skin as a one-time thing because I have a lot of RP and like the skin.

Singed Mainer

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Gummy View Post
I Shamefully did get Dragon Lulu.

I know I'm being ripped off, and I know I shouldn't boost sales of such a thing.. but

but

Her splash art is totally adorable, I was hypnotized! Weakness struck me! I caved in and bought it.

Don't make the same mistake.. (though I'm not unhappy about my purchase)

Edit: There seems to be some confusion about my statement, so for any who don't get it.

I have paid 1350 for what I feel is a 975 skin. This is acceptable to me because of subjective values I hold towards it. The phrase "Ripped off" is meant more as a "I paid more than I should have" and less "I was cheated." that apparently hasn't come across very well. Sorry for the confusion.
I have lulu, insta bought the skin I feel no shame.
Also the skin is much higher equity then 975 but not quite up to their new legendary status

Pawstruck

11-14-2012

The thing is, back when 975 skins started to become really impressive with particle changes and etc., you PROMISED that it would not lead to higher prices for those skins. You claimed you were just increasing quality.

You ****ing lied. It makes me never want to buy RP again.

Omiata

11-14-2012

I was kicking around the idea of picking up Lulu but never pulled the trigger. I saw the DT skin and thought I'll pick her and the skin up. Looked at the price point being 2k riot points and said nope.

My opinion/rant:

Skins should NEVER cost as much as the champion itself. The initial concept/design/construction/gameplay/testing/balancing would have 10 times the man hours than skins. The rate at which Riot is cranking out champs, I'd say 10 dollars is a fair price. But a skins, should be 5 bucks tops. TOPS.

Think Riot. When a player has a bunch of skins, they will use them in game. Making the game more enjoyable for the player and the opponent to enjoy. YOU WANT A LOT OF VARIETY FOR YOUR PLAYERS. Don't find ways to take variety from your players.

Sure we all understand about increased costs. But c'mon, we know this isn't a "free" game. If it was free, you'd be shut down and you wouldn't have 2 Million in the petty cash drawer to throw at a tournament. I'm pretty sure the LoL's owners can afford gasoline for their Lamborghinis.

Always remember, "Watch what you say." "Never say never." "Don't make promises you can't keep" "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Love the game, I support it monetarily. Don't be greedy for greedy's sake.

JeNy is LOVE

11-14-2012

I want it badly

Charles87

Recruiter

11-14-2012

@Morello - seeing as your posting here. and its on the lulu topic

the only complaint that i have about the skin (and yes I bought it and love it) is the fact the dragon doesnt look dragonish. it is as afore stated looks like a floating Hippo. Which is funny.

Sure Lulu is supposed to look all cute and cuddly - but cmmon for a cute dragon trainer? Make a furball turn into spikes! its ok to make her look dangerous for once. IMO

the splash art is awesome though, cant deny that.

Comps to the skin designers and artists - they dont get enough credit.

Gakapo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I know this isn't my area of expertise, but if you found your purchase worth it and enjoy the skin, is it ripping someone off? I'm not sure I get that.
I like this skin *eats it* that tasted purple... just try to get more 975 and some 520's skins out there to balance the 1350's and people will shut up also stomach hurts to much purple

SoulxPrayer

11-14-2012

we need a new fizz skin and soon

Harlequin

11-14-2012

I'm disappointed, she looks like a ****ing lawn gnome.

The projectiles and effects are phenom though. The only thing that makes me consider getting it. I juar wish they'd change her face back to its usual proportions.

BeastBox

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Alright - this is helpful. Basically, your thought is that a long-standing silence has made this a sore issue, and that sore issue leads to the feeling of unfair pricing on objects if that price is unexpected or higher. In this case, it would be less related to Dragon Tamer Lulu, and more with our historical messaging about pricing?

I know Hippalus has talked about a lot of these issues, maybe just not this specific one. I don't understand pricing details much myself, but I can see if I can get him to come talk about this one.

Additionally, I know there's some people saying "this isn't worth that price" - I understand that feedback. What I didn't understand was "it's worth it, but I feel ripped off."
Hey, look, a red. If by silence you mean no reds posting during the 50 threads on this yesterday, then yeah, that could help make this a sore issue. A response from someone yesterday (Hippalus or whoever) would have been nice.

I'm not going to retype the same thing I typed 20 times now, but I will if we can get a dialogue going, because as it stands now, 1350 RP was a real backfire for a skin of that quality in several ways. It's nice ... just not 1350 RP nice.