Anyone get Dragon Tamer Lulu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerverus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

i bought the skin

flatherd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

nope

ChromeFalcon

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Alright - this is helpful. Basically, your thought is that a long-standing silence has made this a sore issue, and that sore issue leads to the feeling of unfair pricing on objects if that price is unexpected or higher. In this case, it would be less related to Dragon Tamer Lulu, and more with our historical messaging about pricing?

I know Hippalus has talked about a lot of these issues, maybe just not this specific one. I don't understand pricing details much myself, but I can see if I can get him to come talk about this one.

Additionally, I know there's some people saying "this isn't worth that price" - I understand that feedback. What I didn't understand was "it's worth it, but I feel ripped off."
You and Hippalus said it wouldnt happen again in the future with the 1350 pricing, and now it did.

Krimson62

11-14-2012

Quote:
No problem - thanks. I just want to understand the sentiment better and I think I do now.
I bought the skin as well, I am a die hard lulu fan and would have paid whatever you charged... but you do not get much for the price... 4 new pix emotes. and a new whimsey. plus a bunch of subtle changes
I think the major problem is you changed alot of little subtle things (lulus curly hair, pix emotes, particles and staff shape) you forgot to make it FEEL like a special skin.

Lulu herself has no new emote, only dragon pix does... that feels half assed

Lulu has no new animations (not even a recall animation? thats even included on 975s now) people feel ripped off because it gives less than many previous skins, but costs more (arcade sona, frostfire annie are perfect examples)

No new sound effects or voice overs

You guys said these skins need to go above and beyond. This one is simply up to par with her three release skins.

You may have put more work into it, but it certainly does not shine like mecha kha'zix

Crafting

11-14-2012

Man lulu is adorbs.

Memorylame

11-14-2012

boycott this skin naow!..

StormbreathDragn

11-14-2012

Yeah, the issue here is this:

"WTF RIOT 1350 RP KHA'ZIX SKIN?!"

"Don't worry guys, this is a rare thing - we only made it this much because we had to do a lot of extra work on the skin, cause of all the changes + evolution details. It probably would have been Legendary if it had more voice lines!"

"Oh, okay, that's cool. We understand why you'd price it like this just this once, and it's still cheap if you buy it in the bundle, so that's fine."

"btw here's another 1350 that has much less changes and isn't part of a bundle, bye!"

"FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Bu Gao Xing

Master Recruiter

11-14-2012

Quote:
Alright - this is helpful. Basically, your thought is that a long-standing silence has made this a sore issue, and that sore issue leads to the feeling of unfair pricing on objects if that price is unexpected or higher. In this case, it would be less related to Dragon Tamer Lulu, and more with our historical messaging about pricing?

I know Hippalus has talked about a lot of these issues, maybe just not this specific one. I don't understand pricing details much myself, but I can see if I can get him to come talk about this one.

Additionally, I know there's some people saying "this isn't worth that price" - I understand that feedback. What I didn't understand was "it's worth it, but I feel ripped off."
I don't feel it's worth it because Pix is her adorable faerie companion.. not her dragon companion, and Lulu has always been a vibrantly colored champion.. to see her in bland brown and grass green brings a tear to the eye. I would compare this skin more to Surprise Party Fiddlesticks and Tyrant Swain than Mecha Kha'Zix

Krimson62

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahroo View Post
I don't feel it's worth it because Pix is her adorable faerie companion.. not her dragon companion, and Lulu has always been a vibrantly colored champion.. to see her in bland brown and grass green brings a tear to the eye. I would compare this skin more to Surprise Party Fiddlesticks and Tyrant Swain than Mecha Kha'Zix
Look at it this way.

It ruins the excuse for potential dragon master swain saying "it doesnt fit his character"

Zeunchainn

11-14-2012

Quote:
No problem - thanks. I just want to understand the sentiment better and I think I do now.
What is sad is that you failed to understand it by yourself.
What a cold apatic nerd you must be."Me not understand this sentiment.Need to analyze."