Comprehensive Syndra Comparison

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasuuna

11-25-2012

[in progress as i get questions and other opinions]

I see a lot of Syndra is trash threads popping up, so I figured I'd give what I've seen playing her into light, and point out her flaws and strengths.

what syndra excels at is finding a target and obliterating them in an instant(not gonna be a squishey, but with a dfg she can instagib the bruiser going for ure ad), and then, unlike leblanc, syndra can continue to contribute to a fight with slows and really strong (potential) aoe damage, large aoe slows that makes lulu jealous (referring to duration, damage done, and aoe), and potential aoe stuns that makes morganas ult look like a piece of ****

the main issue with syndra, she can do a little bit of everything, but there are champions that can do any 1 thing she does far more effective and reliably, (fizz with the single target, orianna with the aoe, zyra with catching somebody off gaurd)

and theoretically shes extremely immobile, having low base ms, no movement steroid, but think about anivia and orianna, what makes them better?

does an orianna use her w to slow or speed boost? usually to slow, and syndra can do the same with a quick q-w, or just w

does an orianna use her r to engage or disengage? she can use both, and its damage and displacement is amazing, syndras e, provided proper conditions, can displace, and cc more people longer, though the damage wont be as high, and the aiming is awkward

Anivia now, this is harder to compare to, other that the skill shot stun
her burst combos are very similar, throw your q, hit ure wall, land the q, BOOM 75% of ure health, thats about what syndra will do to you, but is much more difficult, but with a little extra effort will land the kill np without even any prepoking

but onto the mobility, NONE OF HER SPELLS REQUIRE HER TO STOP MOVING (except her ult) just like orianna, that is why orianna is a popular pick, she keeps moving, lays down tons of cc and aoe. Take a some aoe off of orianna and increase her single target burst and skill floor and you get syndra.

because of all of this, riot has to be incredibly careful with buffing/nerfing her, 1 small change can put her so far over the top OP (think release zyra and diana), or have her worse off than heimerdinger

TL;DR shes a jack of all trades and a master of none, and requires a ton of effort to be used effectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvmvoidrays View Post
my only problem with her is her ult.

it just doesn't fit with her kit. the rest of her kit promotes her staying back and doing the damages... then, you have a short-ranged, burst ultimate. it's not a bad ultimate, but, the placement on it is... weird. i'd say it could do with a range buff.
i think it makes sense, you have a kit revolving around keep people at bay, her ult is there to kill anyone that gets through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammystorm View Post
her lack of consistent aoe makes her meh
agreed on the consistency part, outside of her w and e, she cant consistently aoe, specially with the long cooldown on her e, but the utility in the slow, knockback and stun is to much to just say meh at

If I missed something feel free to add it, please keep the discussion civil.

Telzin

11-25-2012

My only (as of thus far) gripe about her is that she combines slow movement speed with no mobility. Think Orianna without the Haste. Or maybe Anivia without the strong passive and sustained damage and OP wall..

Nasuuna

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telzin View Post
My only (as of thus far) gripe about her is that she combines slow movement speed with no mobility. Think Orianna without the Haste. Or maybe Anivia without the strong passive and sustained damage and OP wall..
thats kinda my point, she kinda relies on either killing the person coming after her, or using constant cc to keep them off(knockback helps as well)

she can do both really well, nobody can do both at the same time as well as her, but there are champions that can do one or the other better or far more reliably

MrKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Eh, Orianna was a bad comparison, She has the potential to do everything syndra does but better

Goguma XO

11-25-2012

^ This.

Quite frankly, Syndra doesn't really need to exist because Ori already does. Love Syndra's whole visual package, but her kit is really meh. Everything takes so much setting up, is very inconsistent, and isn't even that mind-blowningly spectacular even when do you pull everything off perfectly. On the other hand, perfect execution under ideal conditions with Orianna = jaws on the floor.

Mirza Says

11-25-2012

Pointless hero. Takes far to much effort for no exclusive results beyond aesthetics.

Nasuuna

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKitten View Post
Eh, Orianna was a bad comparison, She has the potential to do everything syndra does but better
she does not do everything syndra does but better, orianna doesnt have the 100-0 ANY champion ability

read the full post please.

Sparowhawk

11-25-2012

Why does Syndra get beat by Heimerdinger?

Nasuuna

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparowhawk View Post
Why does Syndra get beat by Heimerdinger?
if she grabs a turret, heimerdinger can drop another turret, so that when she throws it, he will have 3.

nvmvoidrays

11-25-2012

my only problem with her is her ult.

it just doesn't fit with her kit. the rest of her kit promotes her staying back and doing the damages... then, you have a short-ranged, burst ultimate. it's not a bad ultimate, but, the placement on it is... weird. i'd say it could do with a range buff.