Should there be Champion skill trees

Yes 4 40.00%
No 5 50.00%
Maybe 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Champion Skill Trees?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grob

11-22-2009

This is just a suggestion. Riot could add skill trees to each character you own. It could add more depth to the game.

Each character can have 20 levels. Every 3 or so wins you get with that character increases his level by 1. This could add more depth, replayability (get each character to lvl 20 would take some time) and most of all....fun!

This could be a bad idea, im not really sure but if you were to vs people your rank it wouldnt really be a problem. Certain characters might get alot more dps (dam teemo), or more health, etc tho. It could get pretty complicated considering theres already Masteries (which is kind of like a skill tree since I think most people design it for their favorite character) and Runes.

...also whats riot planning on next other then more characters/skins? Im hoping some maps.

edit: I voted maybe and someone voted yes! so I guess my idea doesnt suck! wooo

God SoRcuS

11-22-2009

Yes, Lets add more and more grinding and make this crappy like WoW.

As for your map question, yes they are trying to come up with various maps. Twisted Treeline for one is already there in the practice side of the game.

Grob

11-22-2009

It would occur concurrently with gaining xp/ip. so its not really adding more grinding, its adding more customization.

God SoRcuS

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grob View Post
It would occur concurrently with gaining xp/ip. so its not really adding more grinding, its adding more customization.
Hmm, Now it gives me more incentives to play 100 games with the same character so that he gets powerful for me? Get that? That's the problem with your suggestion. Meaning I should be playing xxx games with say 3-4 characters and forget about the rest.

Now that's not customization imo. That's called GRINDING. And its ****ty. This game is fun, coz of the variety, and your suggestion takes it off .

Just my .02$

Grob

11-22-2009

Well I said 60 games, but I get your point. There could be a different way to lvl up. Maybe 1 level per win instead? thats not so hard.

I still think its a good idea though. If you plan on buying alot of characters, your probably going to do it with $$$, if you plan on paying for this game your probably planning on playing it for a long time.

edit: ....nvm about the first sentence...I see how u got 100 games (you got to lose sometimes)..

Manly Gina

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by God SoRcuS View Post
Hmm, Now it gives me more incentives to play 100 games with the same character so that he gets powerful for me? Get that? That's the problem with your suggestion. Meaning I should be playing xxx games with say 3-4 characters and forget about the rest.

Now that's not customization imo. That's called GRINDING. And its ****ty. This game is fun, coz of the variety, and your suggestion takes it off .

Just my .02$
Well shoot have fun playing 100 games with the same character while you grind out the ip to buy runes for that champion and then all the other champions... this is already a grindfest...

Grob

11-22-2009

well then how about this. 10 levels, 1 win = 1 level up. and idk...to be fair, 2 loses = 1 level up. So it would take probably 15 games of one character to level him up. Since theres only 10 levels, it would add more custimization to the game but it wouldnt OP any characters.

that sound better?

killd0zer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

How about each champion has a skill tree, but the amount of points you can put into it is related to your summoner lvl? so a lvl 10 would have 10 points for all champs

Manly Gina

11-22-2009

Well, what exactly would these do? Add more power to their 4 skills? I think summoner masteries are just fine, and personal talent trees would be going overboard.

But as for that guy saying it'd make the game a grindfest, I lol'd, because, like, it already is one, so that argument is invalid!

Grob

11-22-2009

maybe someone can play with my idea and change it a bit to make it better, or maybe it will come to me idk.