Zed is Too Underpowered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OT Shadow

12-14-2012

i actually think zed is overpowered. his burst ouput is one of the highest in the game scraping 4000+ in 3 seconds.

bc,
greaves
2x bt
fm
hydra

DulyAppointed

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTerminator View Post
i actually think zed is overpowered. his burst ouput is one of the highest in the game scraping 4000+ in 3 seconds.

bc,
greaves
2x bt
fm
hydra
There are a million overpowered champions in league of legends, I suggest you just GTFO of the game if you honestly think riot cares about your moronically positioned opinions.

OT Shadow

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulyAppointed View Post
There are a million overpowered champions in league of legends, I suggest you just GTFO of the game if you honestly think riot cares about your moronically positioned opinions.
so i'm not allowed to contribute to a thread and provide my build that i find works in order to help others? wow sad guy

EffectFX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

My only complain from about zed is that his Q's hit box is a little small (which isn't as bad as it could be by applying slow from his E first), he runs out of energy fairly quickly when spamming abilities (Not a huge issue), and the bug on his W that makes it go out at a weird angle, often opposite of where you clicked (This needs to be fixed). But overall, he's not as weak people make him out to be. He does fantastic burst damage, and he has very strong lane harass if you do it right.

Gl0um

12-14-2012

Zed is pretty useless if you miss all your Q / E XD

But a Zed that hit you almost all the time with his shadow or even without well... you are gonna have a bad time!

But it's pretty rare and not hard to dodge this hitbox big like an ant : >

NobSaiboot

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0MN1 View Post
I agree. He's a rehash of Talon....
Okay...Way to bash without actually talking about the thing that can make them even somewhat comparable...You know, the kit.

If you play Zed like you would Talon you deserve to get your ass kicked.

Ballzofire

12-14-2012

so an assassin that cant kill tanks is broken up? no ty. they are supposed to kill the adc and mid and thats about it. they do their job and die or get out and poke the rest of the team fight.

ReasonablyInsec

12-14-2012

He was underpowered before S3, but now he's really good.
I think AS and LS are good on him... he has great sustain that way.
He has great damage output. Use him correctly and he can get out of fights well.
Just E to reduce your W's cooldown.
He has a fine early game and not great late game but fantastic mid game. If you get ganked, ult the ganker and W teleport out, unless you think you can take 'em. I've won a 1v2 before... well, I was smurfing.
I find him balanced as he is.

asamu

12-14-2012

Not a bruiser. Stop making the comparison. Zed early game is average, or slightly below, but his late game is amazing. Play him mid maybe? He needs items more than most other Assassins, so focus on farming, and it is a good idea to get some g/10 if you are having any trouble early on.

dontmakemepoolu

12-14-2012

He's not underpowered because his moves dont do enough damage, he's underpowered because of the design of his kit. The risk/reward ratio just doesnt make any sense. He requires too much skill to play correctly when all you get is a champions thats just slightly stronger than champions who are 10x easier than him.

All his skills are fairly expensive and and either have short ranges, long cooldowns, or extremely thin hitboxes.

His Q for example is fairly weak without any shadows up and costs more than 1/3 of his energy pool. On top of that, extra shurikens only do 50% damage and dont have any effects other than damage. To top it off skillshot hitbox is embarassingly low and only does full damage to the first target it hits.

His W is on a pretty long cd and has very little range making his swap ability pretty much useless. The shadow itself lasts only 4 seconds and IF your quick enough you might get off 3 moves in that time. And of course this skill costs a good amount of energy and the only way to regain energy is through your Q and E by hitting with both.

His E is easily one of the weakest abilities IN THE GAME. Its only a one second slow that starts out at a mere 20%. Hitting with more than one shuriken only adds another 10% on the slow, hardly a reward for being skilled. Not to mention that extra shadow slashes dont even do additional damage! At max rank, hitting with more than one shadow slashe gives you a 1 sec 60% slow, absolute garbage, and thats of course if you can even land the move, given that is has MIN RANGE.

His Ult is not terrible but is still easily countered. All it takes is a little bit of CC and your ult is literally useless. Zed is supposed to be an assassin yet you have to wait 4 seconds for this move to do ANY damage. Given that Zed is probably the squishiest character in the entire game, you cant use this move to dive any enemy thats not overextended. Any enemy that is overextended will probably be killed by your teammates before your ult even pops.

Last but not least his passive is a joke. You dont stack magic pen with zed so you can assume that 10% (at max rank) is more like a 5%. If this move only triggers every ten seconds (only below 50% health) and your average lv 18 champion has 2500 health, thats about 12 damage a second. 12 DAMAGE A SECOND. Good luck assassinating enemies with that kind of damage.

And that is why Zed is definitely underpowered.