Unlucky placement matches every season so far, ug..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excrempus

11-14-2012

I'm saying this as a thing I noticed even though I wasn't high ELO. What you want to do is not think in the terms of someone at a higher ELO in terms of playing safe and just farming. While this is important at all levels in lower ELO its even more important to punish every mistake the enemy makes. If they don't back and are at 20% health kill them.

Never blame the game on someone else theirs always something you could've done better while they made mistakes so did you. If the jungler didnt Gank when you were losing lane then think about what they are trying to do, alot of times when I jungle I try to help the lane losing but more importantly give the lanes winning an even bigger advantage. If the support doesn't ward as much as is usual think about the little gold income they do have and buy some wards to help them out, until you have full items there should pretty much always be a ward slot open or with a ward or two, the AD C is the only one that constant wards in inventory is actually non-beneficial unless they backed and they need the ward for their lane.

Try to take the lead and call out or ping for doing dragon or baron, take turrets think of objectives as a points system, the enemy nexus the highest value player kills the least. Avoid as many deaths as you can, even if you lose lane its better than the enemy getting fed. GP/10s aren't only for support and jungle and can be your friends in a harder lane. Defensive stats are another great way to help you.

The more practice you get the better you become higher ELO starts don't always help in lower ELO. Get the match ups right and gauge your opponents capabilities as fast as possible. Look for their habits if they start moving toward blue huff and your jungler is close enough trying to contest then getting it could turn your lane around or into a greater advantage.

Map awareness is key always check the map if someone is running toward you you could try and help them but don't do it if it gets you killed for sure as well. If they rage just mute and be done with it its a team game yes, but in every team someone needs to take the lead.

Their are a lot of people who should be higher ELO because of the way they think and play but they aren't because at different ELOS there are different things you have to do to win.

Sorry for the wall posting on phone so don't quite see how the message looks.

Selcopa

11-14-2012

I see a lot of talk but I don't see any replays. You say you dominate, post some replays and I guarantee the definition of "dominating" will be very different between you and the above 1500 elo community

Also. I've played more than 180 games in the 1000-1400 range. So I'm quite comfortable with how they play the game.at that level even when I dropped a like over 100 points from my true elo. My skill would constantly give me an edge that I'd win so fast again. If you can't dominate 200+ elo below your "true" elo I have some bad news about your true elo

Shelaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everborn View Post
I'm on Cst time, what's your main playtime? Maybe we can duoQ together and try and fix are problem together Lol. I play at 330am-6am & I also play at 11am-2pm
IM on ET. Ill be free all this week more or less since its thanks giving break. Bit im not entirely sure after that due my slightly odd schedules for classes for my next tri. (thought im pretty sure ill be free from 1:30 forward on Monday and Wednesday's and 3:40 forward Tuesday and Thursday's.

SynSasion

11-14-2012

This season I have had some decent placement matches, but I understand what you guys are going through. In season two I had a late start and I believe I had 6 or 7 games in a row where there was one person raging or feeding causing the team to lose. This season I started right when the season began, and I have to say it is a lot better (Kind of).

So far I have played 4 games now; won 3 and lost one (pretty much out played on the loss). The only game where there was any negative attitude was on my one loss. However, I did have to dodge one game because someone was intentionally trying to troll on the champion selection. I still dont understand how someone gets off by wasting 20 minutes of 4 other peoples time. I'm a big tribunal user so hopefully, we can get rid of some these guys out there.

Shelaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynSasion View Post
This season I have had some decent placement matches, but I understand what you guys are going through. In season two I had a late start and I believe I had 6 or 7 games in a row where there was one person raging or feeding causing the team to lose. This season I started right when the season began, and I have to say it is a lot better (Kind of).

So far I have played 4 games now; won 3 and lost one (pretty much out played on the loss). The only game where there was any negative attitude was on my one loss. However, I did have to dodge one game because someone was intentionally trying to troll on the champion selection. I still dont understand how someone gets off by wasting 20 minutes of 4 other peoples time. I'm a big tribunal user so hopefully, we can get rid of some these guys out there.
Sadly i wish i had your luck to be truthful. To be honest i wish i did thought! Though if what i think will work out in waiting a week before playing ill be lucky enough that all of the ones who troll / slack / dc / or just make a game horrible will have left the que for placement games by then v-v

nwsm

11-14-2012

Only played two games so far. First game- 20-3-15 with pentakill as ez. lol. Second game- Winning but then teemo starts initiating by himself and we all die trying to save him. Game thrown.

Shelaka

11-14-2012

Ok i just want to say and note this, waiting does pay off! currently i am 2 wins to 5 losses. Played as Sona and Alister support. Ironically as much as I dislike playing support i dam good at ._. think that might be my new meta for ranked games xD thought ill always love mid :O (ahri mid ~<3 )

so yea, helpful tips ;=;

*-* when you join the que don't spam what position you want. Just type in I can play 'this' 'this' 'this' or... 'i cant play 'this' this'...

*-* Don't say you cant do everything bit "mid" just so you eliminate everything but the lane you want, just eliminate what you know your bad at (im a horrible adc if you were wondering...) It really helps you and your team to keep your options opened.

*-* Also if you can, try and get it so people trade champs, get the adc and apc picked last is a great way to avoid getting counter picked too!

ill edit if i think of any more o.o

Xanedus

11-15-2012

Alright, I'm on a 5 losing streak in placement matches. Only probably one game was genuinely a loss, the other 4 either had a troll or people who go first time support or first time Vlad. It can be frustrating because when you're farming your lane, grabbing a kill or two and you start hearing every 10 seconds from around the map 'An ally has been slain'.

A Nearby Shrub

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
I see a lot of talk but I don't see any replays. You say you dominate, post some replays and I guarantee the definition of "dominating" will be very different between you and the above 1500 elo community

Also. I've played more than 180 games in the 1000-1400 range. So I'm quite comfortable with how they play the game.at that level even when I dropped a like over 100 points from my true elo. My skill would constantly give me an edge that I'd win so fast again. If you can't dominate 200+ elo below your "true" elo I have some bad news about your true elo
When mid goes 0-10, must mean youre bad and belong at lower elo right?

But i should gank mid more then, right, right? OH WAIT NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY DEFENSIVELY ONCE THEYRE BEHIND AND JUST PUSH ALL DAY WHEN THEY ARE 0-6

you see, the difference between people above say 1300 and those below is that 80% of the people below dont know how to play like they are behind, communicate, or use teamwork in general

Everborn

11-15-2012

Well started out 0-2 like I stated in my OP then won my last 3. Now 3-2 in placement matches &amp; sitting at 1155elo. Thought I for sure would be 1200+ with 3-2 but I guess the reset must have put me at 1100. So things are looking up, hope to keep this up ) Went 13-2 Olaf, 2-1 & 8-1 support lux, so clearly I crush the 1000s & low 1100s.