Season 2 Rewards FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsianSixty9

11-13-2012

I was going to get mad over not having my rewards, but then I see this. I love you Riot for keeping us up-to-date on these issues. Thanks!

SomeSimpleThings

11-13-2012

What was the reward for having Diamond in all 3 categories, Platinum in all 3 categories or Gold in all 3 categories?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
6 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im a care bear View Post
And there's a problem where the PFE banner won't show up unless you specifically chose the PFE icon. This didn't happen back in season 2.
This is how the PFE banner has always worked. I think you might just have not noticed because there weren't many other icon options when PFE came out.

If we end up adding more themes and banners then I'd imagine we would prioritize adding a separate way to choose your banner, but currently it's going to remain tied to the icon.

ExplicitAdvisory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Thanks Yegg for clearing this up.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
It's more representative of a player's individual skill. Although I love Ranked Teams and want everyone to play them as much as possible, doing well in those queues is as much about who you know as it is your own skill level. Having Diamond borders showing up next to Silver borders in normal games would just cause confusion for everyone.
That's pretty dumb, imo, especially since Riot made it so you could duo queue and get carried.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
7 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Wu View Post
What was the reward for having Diamond in all 3 categories, Platinum in all 3 categories or Gold in all 3 categories?
Everyone who achieved a tier in all three queues received a fourth summoner icon based on the lowest tier achieved in any of those queues. So players who achieved Gold in all three queues received a fourth unique Gold summoner icon that represents all queues.

scazzaf

11-13-2012

Yegg, as a dedicated 3v3s player, I hit diamond in 3v3s and only gold in 5v5s solo queue, why should my solo queue ELO represent my skill as a 3v3s player in normal 3v3 games? It's an entirely different map altogether so my 3v3 premade ranked score should be a better indication of my skill on the 3v3 map.

Big D1ck Grayson

11-13-2012

So I don't have the silver trim. Is it also going to come randomly?

Aqualisk

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
It's more representative of a player's individual skill. Although I love Ranked Teams and want everyone to play them as much as possible, doing well in those queues is as much about who you know as it is your own skill level. Having Diamond borders showing up next to Silver borders in normal games would just cause confusion for everyone.
I don't understand why your ranked 3's doesn't appear in normal 3's. That map is certainly more indicative of player skill than premade 5's is. I think you guys were really unclear about how solo queue ranked was really the only queue that mattered for rewards. That's pretty lame if you ask me. What is the point of borders if the only people who see them are the team you got them with?

TheWaveWizard

11-13-2012

Seriously...Riot pretty much tricked people. You guys should have stated that you would only get a border in the queue you got ranked in. It wasn't explicit. I would have tried harder in Solo Queue if I knew I wouldn't get a border. :/