Season 2 Rewards FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Solari

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Hey all,

I wanted to create a single place where you can find answers to your questions about the Season 2 rewards. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. I'll be checking back throughout the day to answer questions and add them to the FAQ as common themes emerge.

Why don't I have my Victorious Janna skin?

There was an issue with the Janna skin where players who had it were unable to play games. That issue has now been fixed and your skin should show up sometime today or tomorrow.

My friend already got her summoner icons, why don't I have mine?

The process that grants these icons can take a long time to run in some of the larger regions. During that period some players will receive their icons earlier than others.

How about the Season 1 summoner icon?

This is still being granted as well. You should see it show up in your account sometime today or tomorrow.

Why don't I have my Platinum or Diamond forum badge for Season 2?

A subset of players haven't received the appropriate forum badges. This is not specific to ranked team queues; it also seems to be happening to some players who earned them in ranked solo. We are still investigating the root cause of this and we'll be issuing badges to everyone who earned them as soon as we figure it out.

I got my rewards for solo queue but haven't received them for teams. Why is that?

To earn rewards with a team, you had to either join the team before September 1st or win five games with the team in the appropriate queue.

I had five wins with a Platinum 3v3 Ranked Team. Why don't I have a Platinum border in normal games?

Ranked games show the border that you earned in that particular queue. All other game modes show the border that was achieved in the Ranked Solo queue.

This player purchased an Elo boosting service and yet still has his rewards. Why?

We have not finished the full sweep of Elo boosters as of yet. We will be removing rewards retroactively from players that we identify.

What happened with the players who engaged in win trading?

The players involved received a temporary suspension and those teams were disqualified from earning rewards for their members. However, these players were still able to earn rewards from solo queue as well as other teams that achieved their rating legitimately.

i know you probably can't answer this but are their any plans to hand out a skin for those who have played a certain amount of matches within a period of time? Akin to judgement kayle

Moobeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2012

Question, I established a team in late August and we played five games to get ranked. None of us have received our icons yet, but this team is eligible for rewards, correct? We all joined around August 19th but didn't play until after September 1st.

Rysha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-13-2012

PLEASE BRING BACK ICON BORDERS. That was the best reward you offered...

MissyMegan

11-13-2012

Will we be receiving Border Icons again? I really hope so!

SpankyJ

11-13-2012

So... You don't get a forum badge for gold...? I don't have a season 1 or 2 badge and I feel kinda jipped

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

11-13-2012
2 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao8 View Post
Why are there no icon borders?
There are a lot of small reasons, but the main one is that we have big plans for summoner icons in the future and we wanted to give ourselves the flexibility to integrate meaningful borders into the actual icons in the future. Double borders don't look very good, whether it's between an outer and inner icon border or between the profile banner border and the icon border.

mr Chronics

11-13-2012

So, just to make it fully clear..

I got diamond in 3s, but got a platinum badge from my solo que rating(as you can see)
Am I going to get my diamond forum badge once it is figured out? OR is it working as intended?

Sauron

11-13-2012

Why do loading screen borders use solo ranked for normal games, even TT normal games? Can't it just use the highest queue for normal games?

Sophitia

11-13-2012

Thank you so much for clarifying everything, we really need more posts like this rather than the vague ones we've been getting.

MissyMegan

11-13-2012

What if we just implemented the "highest" overall, between all the seasons, and thats your "friends list" icon. Doesnt have to go for profiles, but could go for friends list borders? Thats what i liked the most, it distinguished elos on your friends list :/