Season 2 Rewards FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ichigar

11-14-2012

Thanks!

Jimmie Rustled

11-14-2012

i still dont get the summoner icon issue

Reelando Orb

11-14-2012

cool

ChewMyPho

11-14-2012

How do you fix elo boosting?

Sandínísta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

derp

Cr0nix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

got my janna skin thanks!!!

CowMeat

11-14-2012

heyo i can haz medal?

S Jay Dawg

11-14-2012

Thanks for the info!

Imsexyyoureugly

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numba Wan Kenobi View Post
I wonder why this post of yours is downvoted.

Oh I got it.. maybe it is because this "confusion" you have about Diamond borders showing up with Bronze borders in NORMAL TT already happens? It has happened all season too, by the way, just without the visual indicator (borders).

Have you stopped for a second to realize that several Diamond ranked players get matched everyday in Normals with people who arent even Ranked or are like 800 solo queue elo in several hundred matches?

Ive played countless normal games this year with players like XJ9 and many other 1800~2800 ranked soloque ELO on an account that didnt even have ANY ranked elo at the time, and my win/loss ratio in normals was like +10 or less, because I sucked. Yet somehow, they were in my matches.

So, because the matchmaking system is awesome and it does not take into account RANKED SOLO QUEUE ELO when matching your normals (which many high elos dont even play much which is why I suppose their elo there is minimal and not really accurate), this can happen.
In fact, you can even be less than lvl 30 and be matched to a 2100 ELO player (Happened to me on a lvl 28 account not too long ago).

You dont even have to take my word for it, just check the recent matches of random 1.8k+ elo players in lolking or similar websites, if they play normals, check the profiles of the players they had on their team. More often than not *much more often than not* the allies and enemies will have extremely different ranked elos, sometimes they will be much lower, others much higher, and some others might not even have ranked games played, yet they are all on the same match.

So yeah, what you are saying is a ridiculous excuse and I seriously dont get it, specially coming from someone who works at Riot and should at the very least know how their system works.

If I had known the SOLO QUEUE elo was what was going to show on all my other matches, I wouldnt have played the 10 matches for a ranked to get the "fourth icon", Im seriously now COMPLETELY EMBARASSED to play anything because my border is Silver when all I played was 10 lousy matches. I won 8 and lost 2 and ended up in Silver (20~ elo from Gold), which I didnt care for because I didnt think you guys would do such a retarded move to actually put that elo into all my games now. Had I known that, I wouldve played at least 1 more match for Gold in SQ and not be as embarassed, but of course, in the 10 billion FAQ threads shown these past 2~ months, you didnt bother to mention this properly (it was always in a "to be determined" fashion, never giving real answers) until a thread made almost at the end of it.

Now that it has turned out to be such a major failure and dissapointment, at least allow us to turn off the freakin borders if we choose to. I know I do.

Also, representation of skill my butt. Solo queue is chaos, everyone knows that, even the highest elo players say it on stream all the time. Solo queue means almost nothing at all, it is all one big chaos.

Want skill? Play team ranked, now that takes skill and teamwork. Regardless of who you "know", you can only get so far in team ranked if you are not up to the skill level you are playing against, specially because you know, you are playing against 5 organized players who happen to be on that elo aswell.

I cant possibly understand the logic behind saying Solo Queue is a better representation of individual skill than Teams, or any skill for that matter.

You dont get anywhere in Teams if your individual skill is lower than those playing with/against you.

However, you can literally get to Gold in Solo Queue by pure luck and getting carried in less than 15 matches, even if you belong in 100 elo.

Im eager to know what kind of excuse you will bring out next to respond to my argument, I literally cant wait.

Im extremely dissapointed at you (Riot) for this decision. I sure hope you make better/smarter ones in the future.
Exactly! I was only 200 elo away from solo diamond, and I didn't care because I know I was already Diamond in my team rank. This decision is really horrible. And look at morello, he gets all the insult for 3s rank which Riot was promoting about 3s rank not long ago. Why in the world would you do such thing to seperate a 3s player than the solo players

Imsexyyoureugly

11-14-2012

The real reason behind why I did team rank instead of solo was that I have 2 accounts. Easier for me to get 2 diamond in team rank within the time limit than 2 seperated solo. But don't take it wrong, I was already plat in both before they changed and announced the new rank tier.